adidas Super Star 35s

stickykrylon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whats sadder? Union, UNDFTD, etc, etc acctually making their employees work at midnight on new years eve. Or Heads willing to waste their new years eve to wait on line.

There are about 400-600 of each pair dropping check the site. And each one is dropping in only one shop (ecept Union.. at both Unions). I think you're safe going their at your liesure on Jan 1st and being able to cop a pair.

it's not lilke the Bapes where each store only got 10 pairs. I'm sure 170 peopel aren't gonna fly out from hong kong on New years eve to get a pair. But i may be wrong!

Quote: I don't know whats sadder? Union, UNDFTD, etc, etc acctually making their employees work at midnight on new years eve. Or Heads willing to waste their new years eve to wait on line.

There are about 400-600 of each pair dropping check the site. And each one is dropping in only one shop (ecept Union.. at both Unions). I think you're safe going their at your liesure on Jan 1st and being able to cop a pair.

it's not lilke the Bapes where each store only got 10 pairs. I'm sure 170 peopel aren't gonna fly out from hong kong on New years eve to get a pair. But i may be wrong!

i think know what's sadder.... someone above worrying about other people's new years and money situations. dude, your 2 cents has pretty much tapped itself out. stick with your Lee jeans and have a merry x-mas.

Edited by frogeyes on Dec 20, 2004 at 07:12 PM

didnt plan on spending the new years countdown to feed my hunger on shoes if thats what you were insinuating. but no offense taken. and i HOPE you are right about them being available come Jan 1st (hopefully in the latter part of the day). but yes, that would be lame times spending your new year's eve working.... bleh.

Edited by edwin on Dec 20, 2004 at 07:30 PM

Edwin i wasn't insinuating that waiting on line for them is lame or sad because I want a pair. I guess I should have said "forced" instead of "willing". What I meant was that it would be lame if Adidas, Union, UNDFTD, etc, etc was forcing people to do this at midnight on New Years Eve of all nights.

Edited by Dolo on Dec 20, 2004 at 09:15 PM

IF there was a NYE queue at least it wouldnt be super crowded which is a plus

but it will be a 'sausage sizzle' which is a big minus

weighing those 2 up it wouldnt be worth it

but im sure a bunch of hk reseller kids will see it as a highlight on their events calendar and happily down cartons of grapefruit juice whilst they play cards on their stools with their dunk rocking friends (i'm obviously not talking from personal experience)

I doubt it... I mean why do a store exclusive and not have them exclusively sold at the store? Adidas already has their own special 35th anniversary edition shell toe with the dassler, and I think some city specific versions. I'm sure those wll probably be sold at the originals store and online.

But i'm just going on speculation and on what adidas lists on their site. On site it says "600 pairs" and then it says the shoe will be released at Undefeated. I'd just assume that's how many they'll be getting, or something around that figure after friends and family get their pairs. The only shoe that lists multiple locations for sale is the Union shell toe, one for LA and one for NYC. That says 400 available, so I'd assume 200 would go on sale at each shop?

You also have to consider that even though these are limited in quantity and very beautiful, they don't have "BAPE" or "Nike SB" attached to them. So i can't see people not being able to get them if they really wanted them! As long as they live near the shops and get there for the release date I don't think a camp out is in order. But that only works if what adidas lists as production numbers (or somewhere within that ball park) actually make it to each shop and not just 15 pairs! But who knows that may be the case and that would be very dissapointing.

Edited by Dolo on Dec 23, 2004 at 11:51 AM

i recalled that i stopped by at the original shop in soho a couple of weeks ago and asked a clerk about the anniversary edition. she checked the marketing folder and the release of this pair is scheduled for jan. 8th. i don't even know if i believe her even though it's on a saturday... she did mention price after asking her manager, but i couldn't even remember it at all.. i'm thinking that it would be $160 to $190.

btw, any of you know where the packer sneaker shop is?? is it still running open or not?

Does anyone know if the Cities series all supposed to come out on the 1st as well? The 35th Anniv. are nice but that NYC cities Superstar is just icon_smile_cool.gif. Happy New Years!

Edited by trd937 on Dec 30, 2004 at 05:07 PM

I aske dthe adidas shop and they said the city series are dropping on the 15th.

But then there were so many conflicting stories for when the Bapes were dropping, so who knows what's the truth! But on the website the city series don't have any production numbers which kinda makes me think they aren't super limited like some of the others.

yeah went to the orginal shop today too with 2 japanese friends and i don't think the city series are limited because they said that japan adidas will even sell NYC ones. guess i'm eyeing the NUMBER UNO edition now...

Does anyone know if these dropped anywhere besides foot patrol today?

I talked to the local originals store and they said they won't be gettin anything until 1/15, but they also said they are getting some of the kicks next week??, i don't think they really know what their getting or when? anyways--

They said the Adi's will be retailing for 2 bills-