dope cufflinks/ other workplace accesories

azad

im sure people have flipped hankerchiefs and cufflinks, im just wondering which brands have.

some people have mentioned paul smith, but when i was in paris, his links were too expensive for their design imo.

toma açaí

Relatively simple cufflinks are always much classier than multi-colored, rhinestone encrusted ones. With that being said, check your local Mervyn's, Nordstrom, etc. and you will be presently surprised by how many decent pairs you can find for under $30. I have quite a cufflink selection and have only splurged on one pair (Dunhill), otherwise, don't really waste your money.....

PINK shops usually have a lil bucket full of different cufflinks near the registers. there's a huge variety in colors so finding something that matches a certain shirt/tie shouldn't be too hard, but the shapes are pretty mundane. usually priced around $40.

My current favorite cuff link maker is Daniel M. Stevens, who makes murano glass cuff links and sells them on eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/maguire37glass_cufflinks_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ8QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I recently picked up a pair in ivory that I dig.

gemelli0014gf.jpg

gemelli0025on.jpg

As for pocket squares, I mostly like Turnbull & Asser and Ralph Lauren Purple Label, as well as just interesting patterns I find in local places. Lately I've mostly been buying solid-colored squares with contrasting-colored edges.

Quote:
Quote: Go to a silversmith and have some made with your initials. Real simple. You won't want to wear anything else.

Wearing your initials has always been considered a bit pretentious, but if thats your thing....

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Mar 28, 2006 07:25 PM

Nah I don't think so. Would be preferablte to have some of your grandfathers old cufflinks, but if you don't have any of those, get some made you can give to your kids..

I've never heard that about the initials but that might be a geographical thing

Quote:

'Funky' cufflinks etc are akin to novelty ties - just say no kids

--- Original message by Cue on Apr 3, 2006 05:56 AM

for real. i usually just keep it simple.

060400061pm.jpg

the flash makes the gucci pop out - it's actually pretty subtle. you would never know its gucci unless you look really closely.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.