Denim Experiments

thelion1856

This reminds me, actually. I was staring at those persimmon Sugar Canes a month or two ago, and had an odd inspiration. I took a pair of Thai Levis I'd gotten to experiment on (sandpaper, scissors, other frowned upon practices), and buried them in a bucket of mud and mangosteen rinds, wondering if any of the color (purple) from the mangosteen would transfer to the jeans. Left them for three or so days, and washed 'em twice once they were dry. Results were....inconclusive.

xp1yo1.jpg

xp2nb6.jpg

The mangosteen stains, closer up:

xp3sx1.jpg

Also the rivets became incredibly crusty:

xp4hb8.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed this...

Yeah TIP, were still in it.

We just completed our new "Gallery" section, check it here:

http://contextclothing.com/context_gallery/

Don's Jeans will be the next additon. Akre and our photographer are on the road till the end of this week so hopefully early next week. I'll try to put up a tease photo- just have to dig one up.

Missed this...

Yeah TIP, were still in it.

We just completed our new "Gallery" section, check it here:

http://contextclothing.com/context_gallery/

Don's Jeans will be the next additon. Akre and our photographer are on the road till the end of this week so hopefully early next week. I'll try to put up a tease photo- just have to dig one up.

the gallery page is really really cool, sam -- great work! (you and your web designer ;))

can't wait to see don's jeans...

Thanks Snuggs-

I wish I could take the credit, but Ryan and Akre are the ones deserving of all the accolades. I'm just the mouthpiece.

Keep your eye on it as we have quite a few pair of jeans to add, several of which belong to Superfuturians.

I know Christophe from Mister Freedom left his MFxSC's balled up on the roof of Mr. Freedom for about two months before wearing them....I wonder how they turned out.

i got an idea...

someone put dummy legs on a pair of jeans, tie to the back of a car and drag it around parking lot for ultimate verical lines... or put the jeans sideways and get horizontal lines...

i dont have a car so i cant do this myself :(

that's been done on tv.

they did a voter comparison between a pair of 'designer distressed' and a cheap pair of jeans that were beaten to shit because they were taildragged behind a car with a load of weight to keep it on the ground.

most people voted that the cheap pair looked more expensive.

of course, they were both ugly but then again, that was the day of the bohemian craze.

i got an idea...

someone put dummy legs on a pair of jeans, tie to the back of a car and drag it around parking lot for ultimate verical lines... or put the jeans sideways and get horizontal lines...

i dont have a car so i cant do this myself :(

tie them to the back of your bicycle then...

any more ideas? ill do one.

i got a good one, ive mentioned it before but you should wear in some raw mall jeans. i want to see if they hold up to our standards. its not really crazy but i want to see if we are elevating some thing with just reasoning or cause it makes us feel better about dropping hella change on 1 pair of pants.

I am going to do this. I dont know with which jeans to do it with. I just got 2 new pairs, Evisu Deluxe 17oz and some Samurais.

was doing this with diors - front and back pics - changes were so gradual that i got bored after 32 days.

cool part while i was doing it, though, was if i spent the night somewhere else - the jeans would have a diff background. chronicle your love life via jeans

• 1 month later...