Denim Experiments

thelion1856

so anyone want to fuck up their new denim? what are some crazy experiments u can think of. I remember a few experiments on this forum but have no idea what happened to them.

1st- there was the guy who burried his denim under some stones and some dirt to see what kinda fade he would get for a few weeks. After the wash he got some fading but everyone said he should have left them in the dirt longer and they would have been cool.

first he buried them....

Photo-0129.jpg

then he took them out a few months later....

Photo-0140.jpg

then he washed them....

Photo-0148.jpg

2nd- there is the standing jean army experiment "A Noob with too much starch" where the dude dumped buckets of starch to stiff his jeans and this is what he ended with....really cool.

PICT7724.jpg

3rd- i remember the guy who left a pair of raw jeans in the middle of the woods to see what kind of fade he would get from the elelemts. Then i didnt hear shit bout it. Either someone happened to be walking through these random woods and took the jeans or he got worried and brought them back home. What happened dude?

denim in the wilderness....

Picture012-1.jpg

then he threw up an update but nothing much changed...

Picture006-1.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th - there was the guy who painted his jeans silver like the diors. This guy ended up with some cool jeans but everyone agreed he should have used a little less silver paint. But the guy apparantly never wore them so we dont know how the fading turned out. Maybe after a wash it would have looked rediculously dope.

1st silver coat:2000784488476809578_rs.jpg

2004352186576984705_rs.jpg

2nd silver coat:

2000979083579464792_rs.jpg

2000944874335974959_rs.jpg

Here's one for ya-

We at CONTEXT had an idea;

Find a guy who is the hardest on his jeans and who can deal with an extreme non-washing program. Give him a pair of heavy guage raw denim (brand and model depending on what worked for him) to wear to work every day for a year without washing. Check in with him each week to photograph his jeans and get the scoop on what happened to him and his jeans over that time. At the end of the year we get the jeans back, wash them and put them on display in the store with one pic from each week in chronological order in slide format and accompanying text.

Well, we found the guy.

His name is Don. He's a brewer, welder and contruction worker.

He doesn't care a bit about fashion and does not believe in deodorant.

He's wearing Atelier LaDurance 14oz. Royal Pants at work right now.

The coolest part of the idea is that it will have a blog that will be updated each week with current pics and text. Should be up and on line by the end of this week.

I will post the site address as soon as I finsh putting the finishing touches on it.

This idea was at least in part inspired by all you SF'rs.

Seemed like something you would like.

Here's one for ya-

Find a guy who is the hardest on his jeans and who can deal with an extreme non-washing program. Give him a pair of heavy guage raw denim (brand and model depending on what worked for him) to wear to work every day for a year without washing. Check in with him each week to photograph his jeans and get the scoop on what happened to him and his jeans over that time. At the end of the year we get the jeans back, wash them and put them on display in the store with one pic from each week in chronological order in slide format and accompanying text.

Well, we found the guy.

The coolest part of the idea is that it will have a blog that will be updated each week with current pics and text. Should be up and on line by the end of this week.

I will post the site address as soon as I finsh putting the finishing touches on it.

sam - definitely keep us posted. i'll be watching out for the pics!

the Dream Phone is still the best part of all these pictures.

haha, the dream phone is still in the same place but half of those jean had been donated. I am wearing my Samurai for almost 3 months now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Here's one for ya-

Well, we found the guy.

Any news/pics on this guy? Those things disintegrate yet?

idea:

give a pair to a homeless person, and see how it wears.

idea:

i'm homeless.

We've done this at Self Edge. He's been wearing his 1947 Sugarcanes for seven months and we've repaired them twice so far, they look unbelievable.