What sizes do get made the most by labels?

feddie

Im about to let some clothes get made.

Im wondering what sizes clothing labels make the most of. I assume they produce xs, s, m the most. And a few from l, xl.

I also guess it depends on the country. Like here in Holland people are long so i guess clothing stores order more M, L, XL.

Any ideas?

Depends on your target demographic and your manufacturing budget. I'd guess that pretty much every clothing company produces sizes small, medium and large, but you'll likely have to venture into the X sizes to satisfy your customers these days. Simply because these sizes have become more widely available and the consumer expects to see them.

What sort of clothing are you making exactly?

Yeah im working on stuff like marc jacobs, dries van nooten, patrik ervell etc.

Demographic i guess 18 - 30/40 years.

But if you look at the sizes sold in the marketplace here, its almost all xs, s.

I think that size s gets sold the most.

I'd suggest you make your clothing available in sizes XS - M initially.

The sizes you produce are really up to you. You could even market the clothing as designed for the small/slim man. Kind like the opposite of Big and Tall stores. But if your label really takes off, you'll may want to cater to the L's and XL's....or miss out on $$$.

I'd suggest you make your clothing available in sizes XS - M initially.

The sizes you produce are really up to you. You could even market the clothing as designed for the small/slim man. Kind like the opposite of Big and Tall stores. But if your label really takes off, you'll may want to cater to the L's and XL's....or miss out on $$$.

I am gonna cater to all sizes right away. But im just wondering if a clothing label gets, lets say, 200 sweaters done, how many of those 200 would be xs, how many would be s, how many would be m, how many would be l, and how many would be xl.

I am gonna cater to all sizes right away. But im just wondering if a clothing label gets, lets say, 200 sweaters done, how many of those 200 would be xs, how many would be s, how many would be m, how many would be l, and how many would be xl.

The only way to really get a real impression is to do limited runs in all sizes. Track what sizes sell, where they sell and why. Then adjust the ratio accordingly. You're going to have to bite the bullet, but consider it a business expense. Go slow, don't expect to be an instant hit.

Also, Are you going to have an online presence and ship worldwide?

And do you think there is a big enough local market in Amsterdam for the type of clothing you plan on producing?

The only way to really get a real impression is to do limited runs in all sizes. Track what sizes sell, where they sell and why. Then adjust the ratio accordingly. You're going to have to bite the bullet, but consider it a business expense. Go slow, don't expect to be an instant hit.

Also, Are you going to have an online presence and ship worldwide?

And do you think there is a big enough local market in Amsterdam for the type of clothing you plan on producing?

Yeah im going to start with limited runs yeah. But i thought maybe there are some people here with knowledge on what sizes get produced the most. So that i dont have to reinvent the wheel.

Im going to have an online presence yeah. There wont be a big enough local market for my type of clothing.

I'll tell you this, for Dries, Ervell, Schneider and the like...the most sought-after sizes are 44 & 46 (XS-S). Those tend to get snatched up the quickest and command the highest resell prices.

Alright yeah i thought that.

But why does for example tresbienshop.net doesnt sell any xs sizes? Not even of patrik ervell?

strange