Are there any nongay male designers?

AznInvazn

i think we might as well all admit that being gay or being straight is very, very important. we all think about sex, we all wonder who we might or should have it with, we all wonder who other people are having it with, and we all wonder how they like it. we also think a lot about how we like it. we also wonder who might like to have it with us, be they male or female.

i have no doubt in my mind that being gay or straight has no bearing whatsoever on liking to make or wear clothes. although over the centuries the idea that this might be so has waxed and waned.

that being said, there is also no question that there have been times when i tried something on and immediately thought: way too gay. one time my girlfriend at the time insisted a sleeveless black t i owned was absolutely gay (i disagreed).

gay men are no more immune to acting out "gay" steroetypes than anyone else. fact.

^^ hahahah

I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly, Tom Ford is openly Bi. His interview in the GQ where he was on the cover talked about him saying that "every guy should be done by a guy" but that he was happy with his girl or something along those lines.

nairb49

Quote:

^^ hahahah

I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly, Tom Ford is openly Bi. His interview in the GQ where he was on the cover talked about him saying that "every guy should be done by a guy" but that he was happy with his girl or something along those lines.

--- Original message by nairb49 on Mar 27, 2006 08:32 PM

No, everything he stated in the article indicated he is gay. No girlfriend to speak of, the interviewer even remarked that Tom was constantly hitting on him.

Regardless, dumb shit thread nonetheless.

Quote:

Marc Jacobs is definitely gay.

The only non-gay designers I can think of are the Japanese, Yohji Yamamoto is straight, I'm pretty sure Issey Miyake is straight and as far as I know Jun Takahashi seems to be straight, as is Junya Watanabe (not really sure about these two, if they're gay they probably keep their lives private).

Oh yeah, Raf Simons is straight (the thing people were talkin on the internet about him and Hedi having an affair is purely rumor; during the time this rumor surfaced, according to Raf he didn't even get along with Hedi and they never spoke; there was some mutual animosity between the two until recently).

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Mar 23, 2006 07:28 PM

Jun Takahashi is straight. He has a wife and daughter. They were with him at the Paris show.

Quote:
Quote:

nigo isnt gay...

--- Original message by pokpok on Mar 23, 2006 09:44 PM

haha

me and my buddy are a designer 2sum..neither are gay.

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Mar 24, 2006 01:49 AM

Cool, where do you sell your collections?