BEST SHOPS IN PARIS? (dickies,Bape,evisu....)

MarkoSalmela

hello. i'm going to paris on easter and i would really need your help. could anyone tell me where in paris i can DICKIES CLOTHING? and where in paris i can shop Bape clothing?

also if you have some shops you think i shouldnt miss then you could tell me something about those too...

but dickies and bape are the one's i'm really looking...

and if you have some special sneakers shop in your mind it would be nice to hear of it too ;)

thanks for all yall help.

i'm going there all the way Finland and i really want make it special for my girl :)

marko

Quote: about the dickies...does footlocker in paris sell dickies? really need your on this. i got to find dickies :/

they didn't last summer so i doubt they would now. many stores carry Dickies around Les Halles in the 2nd arrondissement. it's one of the most popular shopping spot in Paris. just walk around, you'll find many shops carrying Dickies.

Best shops in Paris? I hear the Dior Homme boutique is out of this world, as is Comme De Garcons. Colette is a MUST...its supposedly one of the greatest shopping destinations in the world.

If you're going to go to Paris, be sure to check out places like these...where the concept for the store is sometimes cooler than the merchandise itself. I'd also ask Colette where else you should go...good retail shops know where the other good retail shops are.

And don't forget to try lots of Crepes and baguettes. :)

Like other postings, Bape is in Colette (but they didn't have much when I went there in January), Dickies I don't know where, Sneaker Shops try Opium, and Ozone on Rue du Roi de Sicile.

Otherwise the Dior Homme store is great but if you want to shop there try the one off rue de Faubourg Saint Honore (not sure whehter this is the right spelling; it's on a superfuture map), as the service is better than the one on Avenue Montaigne.

Le Bon Marche on rue de Sevres is also worth going as it has quite a few good labels and is more compact and easier to navigate than la Fayette and Printemps.

Restaurants I'd recommend l'avenue on avenue Montaigne. And Fauchon at Place de la Madeline for snacks and food that you can take home.

Don't forget to go to the museum and galleries! The d'orsay museum is, in my opinion, better than the louvre

This is all random.......

Maybe it's a different brand, but I'm pretty sure you can get anything Dickie's off the internet for like... $12? If we're referring to the sort-of-sloppy looking work-clothes and uniform manufacturer.

Then again, maybe I'm missing something.

- - - - -

i t a l i c s f o r l i f e

I'm 99% sure he is asking because Dickies makes some very high quality denim , two different models to be specific . Only place I have ever known it to be sold is the UK , BUT it is being shipped to the entire Euro market so you should be able to find the Dickies .

colette has bape

so did starcow and royal cheese

you have the only evisu store outside of japan here

adn sneaker lab doesn't exist anymore

opium isn't that great since the remodelling.

you have a few new stores, on etienne marcel and catelet.

you can find a load of kicks everywhere

you can't skip colette though

as for dickies, chatelet les halles has plenty stores that carry them

I'd check for astoria if i were you.

they carry real clothes and fake shoes though.

i mean business

Quote:

hey i'll be visiting paris too, any places to look for great denim jeans? well from what ive read its all about colette , dior , cdg and stuff, any other nice places and definitely worth the money? im not sure about the pricing in paris, help me out on this too thanks :)

--- Original message by frankabagnale on Mar 25, 2006 09:13 AM

pricing depends on where you're from. Paris will be a bit cheaper than London, but more than america. have you check the listing and map from superfuture?

to madsear thanks for the tips ;)

you said chatelet les halles and ASTORIA? sorry to ask but is that astoria shop or some street or?

i just was checking the map and i didnt see any astoria shop so i thought i should ask? and if you could be specific where it is located? :)

thanks to everyone of your help!

Guest Fade to Black

I've always heard how Opium is one of the ultimate sneaker meccas in the western world, never been...sucks if the selection has gotten weaker since the remodelling. What kinda stuff they got, like vintage dunks and shit?

I was there last month - it's still great.

Only stock Nike, but what a selection! OG Jordans, Flights, dunks, you name it. Also the friendliest sneaker shop in Paris (not that the competition is too high) and they had the Foot Patrol Stabs and AM90s a month after they'd dropped. The great thing about Paris for kicks is that there are only a few people who are really interested - enough interested people to have a few great shops, but not enough for there to be the usual tedium of queues - stock tends to sit on the shelves a while longer than elsewhere.

Whoever it was who wanted jeans - Royal Cheese has a good selection of Edwin and Evisu, Starcow has some LVC, and of course there is the APC store.

You'll find though that the likes of Printemps and Lafayette have a pretty decent selection. I found Nudie RRDS on sale for 100 Euros in Lafayette, a strong selection of (washed) LVC in Printemps.

Oh, and make sure you go to Citadium. Great, great store. And I found Edwin rainbow selvage in the denim bargain bin (along with a shitload of Evisu selvage) for 100 Euros.

Oh yes, and I also picked up the Colette Adicolors (from Colette) almost two months before they were supposed to have been released.

I LOVE Paris.