dior made in china?

hikyw

I saw a leather jacket from hedi's era, it says only for japan on the tag, but made in china. ?

Was it the AW07 4 pocket leather on ebay? I saw that with like 5 hours left and reported it as a fake which I'm sure it was. Unfortunately some poor bastard had a bid on it at like $500 lol

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with made in China? Country of origin doesn't automatically dictate price - there are still individual boutique factories that can source materials / tailor their stuff like high end Italian / Japanese ones. Likewise, Japanese stuff aren't necessarily all good.

• 2 weeks later...
What's wrong with made in China? Country of origin doesn't automatically dictate price - there are still individual boutique factories that can source materials / tailor their stuff like high end Italian / Japanese ones. Likewise, Japanese stuff aren't necessarily all good.

Nothing wrong with China per se...but when I am paying stoopid amounts of money on designer shit, I expect them to be made in Italy, France or England (yes, I know it is mostly Chinese workers in factories located in those countries).

Labor is only one component of a complex value chain and I doubt any fashion house even contemplates passing the savings (from manufacturing in China) on to the customers.