Uniqlo Year Round?

Liu Soula

Been looking for some lower priced selvage jeans and Uniqlo seems to fit the bill. They get lots of love here on SF so I'm assuming they're a solid buy. Anyway, was wondering if anyone knew if they make the raw/one wash selvage jeans year round? I'm heading to London in two weeks and mos' definitely want to pick some up.

Thanks! That's exactly when I'll be there. Sounds like my chances of copping some may be slim, but worth a try. Figures, the one time I get to go to London they've already stopped making them. Guess I can't complain since where I come from there's tons of Levi's xx's everywhere.

They don't have the utilitarian cool of Uniqlo, but it's worth checking on H&M and Topshop for selvage. There's a thread about London shops for other denim sutff over at superfuture. And don't worry, lots of Londoners missed out on uniqlo selvage too...

For what my opinion's worth, yeah. Denim always was no-nonsense fabric, and Uniqlo exemplify that. Really simple-looking jeans, no back pocket decoration but a good basic, vintage shape and nice-looking denim w a green cast. And a great price. I went in and they had a 3 for 2 offer, so I didn't buy them then, thinking I'd find a friend who need a pair. When I went back they were sold out. Grrr.

• 1 month later...

Happy to report I was able to cop a pair of Uniqlo dry selvedge jeans (S-002 regular straight fit) when i was in London about three weeks ago. and the icing on the cake, they were on sale for 19 pounds (About $40). They had a ton of them too at the Oxford Circus store. The sizes run big though - my normal waist size (32) looked really baggy on me and was almost hanging off my ass. had to size down to a 30 for a perfect fit. was disappointed everything else in the store was crap. one cool thing about Uniqlo, they do same day in store alterations for you. wish there was more of that kind of service in the U.S., in lower tier stores that is.