Does your day job justify your "workwear?"

geneticdrifter

@zissou - i'm not trying to fight with you or single you out; hence why i didn't quote you from SF. .

But you did quote me from SF in the Self Edge thread.

I don't object to what you wear or why you wear it. i don't care if you think the harley guy is fake. I'm just interested if you see the irony in that. ??? you seem like an intelligent person and you have some morality too you i presume, (the marriage equality comment) so who are we to say someone is fake. Call them a poseur, or what not? yes the might be trying to escape. they might buy their clothes specifically for how they feel in them. but that is still usage of the clothes? they still enjoy them as much as you, right? so why is he any more fake than any of us?.

Plenty of people think I am fake, but does that bother me? No. You're ignoring the point where I time and time again have said that I honestly don't care what other people wear. Yet somehow you keep trying to egg me on as if I pass judgment on everyone I encounter.

i just don't see how you can justify one group of people being more entitled to wear a set of garments over another. or how one group of people is more entitled to have a certain marital status that another.

Jesus Christ. I never said anything of the sort. Go back and read my quote from SF and you'll see that I said "I'm not saying they don't have a right to ride a Harley". And if you think I've implied that any group of people is entitled to have a certain marital status over another, you've seriously misread my words.

If you want to actually have rational discourse, maybe you should read a little more carefully and not twist people's words or come across as being so antagonistic. This is not a discussion. This is you trying to create some kind of crisis where there is none, and then somehow make everything ok by saying "Peace" at the end of each post. Give me a break.

what crisis? i'm sorry if you're freaking out. i love this shit. i beast over having these conversations. they tickle my brain. this is the internet. lets not get emotional.

the unexamined life isn't worth living. jeff foxworthy said that... i think. ;)

first i did quote you, but I did not identify you as the poster of that statement intentionally, in an attempt to keep the conversation centered on the words NOT on you. you just happen to have used a series of words i find interesting and was hoping you could explain those words, in a purely academic sense. no judgments. no your wrong or i'm right. just a thought provoking e-discussion.

second, you keep making assumptions about me and iam asking questiosn about you. read what you want into the questiosn but that again is an assumption you are making. i am just asking you why you think it is fake? i understand you don't care about your own clothes and all that shit. i got it. but why is anyone fake for wearing clothes?

PEACE

p.s. does no-one else see the irony in him questioning the authenticity of my use of the word Peace. its awesome.

Again, if you want to have an actual discussion, you need to read everything and not just pick out the tiny bit you like and make it into something bigger than it is.

Good luck in your internet philosophy crusade.

I think it really comes down to no one being interested in rehashing out this debate. On top of that you haven't proven to be a good moderator and your "posting style" only makes people take you less seriously. Just accept that you are too late on joining the discussion and let the thread die.

sad. such a simple question. i see where you guys stand.

i respect your ability to circle the wagons. i would assume you all think its okay to deem people fake or not?

i always thought the objection over hypebeasting was more about consumerism than about elitism. i guess i was wrong.

and i'm not trying to be nor do i want to be a moderator. i created this thread to try and extend a conversation that was misplaced. A vain attempt to appease you all's feigned need for organized threads. I'm just trying to spur conversation, to play the devil's advocate, to make people think about their personal choices as much as their fashion ones. this is an internet msg board; supertrash at that. lets keep that in mind.

are we gonna start restricting speech in supertrash?

Some people obviously got it and they shared their opinion. thanks. sorry the rest of you got sooo riled up over words on the internet. MY BAD.

Why not try philosophy, politics, science, math, art, history, postmodernism, etc.

but clothing... COME ON SON.

word, i do. why not think about everything. i'm not forcing you guys. jesus, is calling someone gay for how they look wrong? yes. why? because its an assumption. its not cuz we all love gay people, or b/c gay people are sensitive. its because judging people by something like their clothes, skin, job, etc is wrong. People are people they aren't their clothes, skin, job, etc. I'm sorry i think calling someone fake is the same thing, although in a much less abrasive context.

judging people is wrong.

PEACE

" I'm just trying to spur conversation, to play the devil's advocate, to make people think about their personal choices as much as their fashion ones. this is an internet msg board; supertrash at that. lets keep that in mind."

honestly though.

you might get off on this shit, but your extremely late to the party.

it's been discussed to death here and on other forums, even mainstream media articles.

try jawns.com for your brain tickling.

People are people they aren't their clothes, skin, job, etc. I'm sorry i think calling someone fake is the same thing, although in a much less abrasive context.

judging people is wrong.

PEACE

I am my clothes. Further, I think judging people is very satisfying.