Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

says "unique jean store" on the leather patch too

how exciting ;)

I think I prefer the stitching on the regular model...it was strange enough that they put a lee-style arc on a wrangler-style jean...I don't think it needs to be any more pronounced than it already is.

just my opinion :D

What Samurai cut would be similar to my old pair of streaky selvage Straight Svens with a 34 waist?

I have been wearing the SS nonstop for the last year and a half and I need something new before the croth blows out.

Anything with a 510 cut (the rise will be a bit higher though)...or the 5000 if you want something with a slimmer leg and a similar rise.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=645511&postcount=2

I don't own any Samurai jeans, but that doesn't sound right gimmegimme. Aren't Samurai 510s very baggy? Svens aren't baggy at all - they're quite slim (not skinny) and very straight. I'd say Svens are comparable to APC NS minus the taper (Svens run straight down from the knee). S5000s are straight, but I bet even these are roomier than Svens.

So I would get S0500s or maybe even 710s in terms of legroom. If you hate tapered legs, go for S5000 instead. But again, I bet they will be baggier.

I don't own any Samurai jeans, but that doesn't sound right gimmegimme. Aren't Samurai 510s very baggy? Svens aren't baggy at all - they're quite slim (not skinny) and very straight. I'd say Svens are comparable to APC NS minus the taper (Svens run straight down from the knee). S5000s are straight, but I bet even these are roomier than Svens.

So I would get S0500s or maybe even 710s in terms of legroom. If you hate tapered legs, go for S5000 instead. But again, I bet they will be baggier.

...and I don't own any Nudie's...so maybe neither of us are qualified to answer this question! ;)

I suggested the 510's because they have the same size leg opening, and a straight leg (according to measurements on SE & BiG). And although BiG calls them "relaxed", they're really not drastically roomier than the s5000's. I didn't suggest the 500's or the 710's because of the taper.

id agree with gimme on the 510s being the closest cut. a washed upper thigh measure for a w32 is only 12 in across, thats not too baggy i dont think... s5000s would be too slim to look/feel like svens i think

Although it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, I'm still convinced that the 510 is way baggier. I wear SD-103s and Svens regularly. The SDs are a tad more roomy everywhere in the legs than the Svens. Now if you look at this table of measurements by Blue in Green, you can see that SD-103s are quite a bit slimmer than 510s - and even a bit slimmer than 5000s.

measurementcomparewebjt8.jpg

So either I'm a complete idiot.. or this table is off.. or you two are wrong. ;)

Either the S0500 or S5000 should be closer to the Svens in terms of leg room. The 510s (from what I can tell from the measurements) are way baggier and not a good comparison.

I own the S5000, and ahve tried on and debated the Svens in the same size...

Nudies are cut very straight through the hips, which is why I don't own any... doesn't work that great for those with ass.

Sams are repro-ish, with a bit roomier seat. Probably slightly high rise in front, and higher in back (which is not a bad thing, if you don't like exposing your backside)

I'm going to have my first pair of samurai's (710) in on thursday and I'm wondering about the soaking process. I've checked out the thread and some people are soaking their jeans for 5 hours while some only one. Can we really see a difference between 1 and 5? At what hour would you recommend changing the water since something around 5 hours seems like it would call for a refill.