Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just sent money for some 5000bk's via proxy, came out to 287 total to my door with arcs and tabs. i'm very excited, i sized down one for a normal fit, although i might get them taperred a little so i can ride my bike in em.

nice...those were my 2nd choice, and great price too!

personally, I wouldn't taper...but that's just me...I don't think I would want to mess with the cut, unless you know someone who really knows what they're doing. Get one of those (ugly) velcro bands. ;)

nice...those were my 2nd choice, and great price too!

personally, I wouldn't taper...but that's just me...I don't think I would want to mess with the cut, unless you know someone who really knows what they're doing. Get one of those (ugly) velcro bands. ;)

see, i'm a 35 waist so the leg opening is going to be around 9" when alls said and done, which is a bit wide i've learned. i don't know, i live in the city so i'm not going to do anything until i find a tailor with a good reputaiton and talk to them about it, you're right i don't want to ruin the cut. plus, i'm sure they're more stiff then anything i've ever owned in that type cut, so maybe they'll fit good. crossing my fingers!

see, i'm a 35 waist so the leg opening is going to be around 9" when alls said and done, which is a bit wide i've learned. i don't know, i live in the city so i'm not going to do anything until i find a tailor with a good reputaiton and talk to them about it, you're right i don't want to ruin the cut. plus, i'm sure they're more stiff then anything i've ever owned in that type cut, so maybe they'll fit good. crossing my fingers!

Again, personal opinion, but if you're a 35 waist, an 9" leg opening is plenty small...why did you not get the 710? I guess you were only looking for black jeans?

see, i dont know 9" is small and looks fine but my old blue jeans still got caught in my chain from time to time, and i dont want to ruin these. as far as the 710's, i would have loved to but i have my skulls for blues, and i don't really like to work on more then one project at a time because i stray and get nothing done. I wanted some sammys, and needed black jeans, so i went with em. next blues will be sammys if i like the bk's, apparently my skulls are doomed to fall apart at 4 months the way i treat them anyways.

see, i dont know 9" is small and looks fine but my old blue jeans still got caught in my chain from time to time, and i dont want to ruin these. as far as the 710's, i would have loved to but i have my skulls for blues, and i don't really like to work on more then one project at a time because i stray and get nothing done. I wanted some sammys, and needed black jeans, so i went with em. next blues will be sammys if i like the bk's, apparently my skulls are doomed to fall apart at 4 months the way i treat them anyways.

Ya, that seems to be what happens to skulls. Sounds like the black 710's would have been perfect for you...but timing's a bitch.

I just wanted to ask about the rise on the s710xxs. If I were to buy them I'd be getting a size 28, however BiG have the front rise listed as 15" - I'm assuming this is an error, correct? Nevertheless, the pictures make the rise look quite big, which is a concern for me as I prefer a lower rise - something similar to the New Cure rise.

Edit: I'm also wondering what sort of shrinkage I can expect on the inseam. I'd really like for it to be around the 34" mark; am I being too optimistic?

I just wanted to ask about the rise on the s710xxs. If I were to buy them I'd be getting a size 28, however BiG have the front rise listed as 15" - I'm assuming this is an error, correct? Nevertheless, the pictures make the rise look quite big, which is a concern for me as I prefer a lower rise - something similar to the New Cure rise.

Edit: I'm also wondering what sort of shrinkage I can expect on the inseam. I'd really like for it to be around the 34" mark; am I being too optimistic?

I think Bears' says its around 10.5.

im actually looking forward to a midrise. i have to wear my jeans high anyways because im so short (not belly button high but right above my hips) and that crunches my nuts.

and i love my S0500xx but the fit could be a tad better. im hoping the 710 is.

is the 710 more tapered then the s0500?

I've been admiring the Samurai contest jeans (15oz Texas denim) and I'm on the verge of buying a pair of the 710s for a little while now.

QUESTION: Will the 19oz denim in the 710s fade and wear as 'classically' as the contest jeans?

Bonus Question: Sizing (sorry to do this, I HATE sizing questions) - I would wear a 30 in (ugh) pre-washed LVC 505s. Should I go 28 or 29 in raw Sammys based on the stretching?

CHEERS

In my opinoin none of the jeans samurai have produced fade "clasically". They are too slubby and heavy to fade in the classic vintage way (if thats what your talking about). The 710 fades more like the Zero denim. The texas cotton fades like no other sammy apart from the 510s made from the same denim (duh)

Get a size 29 in 710s

im actually looking forward to a midrise. i have to wear my jeans high anyways because im so short (not belly button high but right above my hips) and that crunches my nuts.

and i love my S0500xx but the fit could be a tad better. im hoping the 710 is.

is the 710 more tapered then the s0500?

The taper starts higher but i think the leg opening is larger. On mine its 19cm (size 30)

camel, i think you just need to weight a little longer, (another wash or so) my size 30 710s hem is less than 8in across. ive tried on the s0500 and the hem appears to be slightly wider than my 710s, but they were raw of course, so the two hems might be just about the same

as for the rise, the 710 is definately lower than the 0500

Thanks Cameland, that was really helpful. So basically my ideal jean is a 710 in the WX/Texas denim... like the original export model 710. ARRRGH! I guess cut is more important than fading to me, so I'll stick with the 710...

But I wonder if tapering a pair of 500s would do the trick??

Thanks Cameland, that was really helpful. So basically my ideal jean is a 710 in the WX/Texas denim... like the original export model 710. ARRRGH! I guess cut is more important than fading to me, so I'll stick with the 710...

Correction: the 710WX was an export version of the SO505, which was NOT in the Texas denim, though it also weighed 15oz. There are only two jeans (to my knowledge) in the 15oz texas denim, the SO500X and the 510 that's in the Texas denim (there's one that's in the regular 15 oz... confusing, huh?).

Samurai Slubbiness spectrum: "regular" 15 oz < VX (17oz. used in S5000 and S3000) < 15 oz Texas Denim

And cut should be more important, imo... if you don't like the fit, then you won't wear the jeans... thus, no fading.