New to buying denim

qwerty

Sorry for sounding like a noob but i plan to purchase my first pair of selvedge denim. But i do have some concern about how some jeans fit. I am around a 34 waist and like to wear my pants just a little bit baggy. Any one have any good recommendation? Price doesn't matter much to me as i want the highest quality i can get but it shouldn't clear out my bank account. I plan to wear it for months on end as wellicon_smile.gif thanks!

Quote:

There's no point in spending a lot of money on dry denim then wearing it baggy. It'll just look like shit in the longrun cause you're not wearing them slim.

--- Original message by AznInvazn on Mar 10, 2006 12:48 PM

not everyone is preparing thier jeans to post on mynudies.com,

so wearing them baggy is fine, they will just age differently.

teisco.gif

Quote:
Quote:

There's no point in spending a lot of money on dry denim then wearing it baggy. It'll just look like shit in the longrun cause you're not wearing them slim.

--- Original message by AznInvazn on Mar 10, 2006 12:48 PM

not everyone is preparing thier jeans to post on mynudies.com,

so wearing them baggy is fine, they will just age differently.

--- Original message by haptronic on Mar 10, 2006 12:54 PM

And you'll have honeycombs where the thighs are supposed to be :)

It'd be nice if you said what currency you operate in.

Edited by Tabris on Mar 10, 2006 at 02:52 PM

Why not go for some LVCs? (Levis Vintage Collection)

Ignore what everyone on here says! Just go for whatever you feel most comfortable in.

For example, the look of the moment is the skinny ball breaker, arse crack showing jeans.

I like regular fit, sometimes roomy (but not baggy) - its just all about personal taste.

If you want 'quality' denim you should look into Japanese or Italian made jeans I guess.

They DONT have to be selvedge to be nice jeans! Despite what every one on here will often say

Edited by sneakeraddict on Mar 10, 2006 at 03:34 PM

Quote:

they look amazing? they look shite, looks like the whiskers been painted on...ugh

--- Original message by coolhunter on Mar 11, 2006 07:43 PM

i love the mentality of this forum... everything NOT from dry selvage denim that are worn ATLEAST 5 yrs = shit.

The ones qwerty has up are Gap 1969's. Are those the ones with the red and black checkerboard pocket lining?

Yah the honeycombs look pretty nice, but the whiskers down the leg are kinda ugly. Esp the tiger-stripe like lighter areas.

This is my pair of 1969's, before I got the Levis Skinners I currently wear every day:

imgp20077jg.jpg

The whiskering is more subtle.

Sorry for the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Edited by sonick on Mar 11, 2006 at 11:17 PM

Quote:

Sorry for sounding like a noob but i plan to purchase my first pair of selvedge denim. But i do have some concern about how some jeans fit. I am around a 34 waist and like to wear my pants just a little bit baggy. Any one have any good recommendation? Price doesn't matter much to me as i want the highest quality i can get but it shouldn't clear out my bank account. I plan to wear it for months on end as wellicon_smile.gif thanks!

--- Original message by qwerty on Mar 9, 2006 10:57 PM

As a personal suggestion, you should consider purchasing these immediatly.

http://www.denime.jp/item/jeans/jeans/66xx/66xx.htm