Cloak S/S 06 Trenches

djrajio

Alrightly,

In the market to get a new trench for spring/early summer. After my wonderful experience with a A/W Cloak trench, I'm considering getting another for spring and am considering cloak again. Lot's of options here in Tokyo but cloak full line seems to only be sold-out in special boutiques (Loveless (Aoyama), etc...) and no Beams/Shipos (distribution stores) etc does not carry the line... Anyways, wanted opinions from NYC peeps on the quality of the trenches. I attended the spring runway show, but can't for the life remember the drape/color contrast on the trenches, specifically:

1) Look 11. Coal engineer stripe trench. By stripe, is it a corduroy type blend? It is cotton? What is the lining? Cost?

2) Look 16: Vertiver trench. What is the material? It seems iridescent; perhaps a poly-blend? What is the lining? Cost?

Any other recommendations for light colored, slim fitted trenches with amazing details that I couldn't get in Tokyo would be appreciated.

Thanks,

djrajio

Quote:

Alrightly,

In the market to get a new trench for spring/early summer. After my wonderful experience with a A/W Cloak trench, I'm considering getting another for spring and am considering cloak again. Lot's of options here in Tokyo but cloak full line seems to only be sold-out in special boutiques (Loveless (Aoyama), etc...) and no Beams/Shipos (distribution stores) etc does not carry the line... Anyways, wanted opinions from NYC peeps on the quality of the trenches. I attended the spring runway show, but can't for the life remember the drape/color contrast on the trenches, specifically:

1) Look 11. Coal engineer stripe trench. By stripe, is it a corduroy type blend? It is cotton? What is the lining? Cost?

2) Look 16: Vertiver trench. What is the material? It seems iridescent; perhaps a poly-blend? What is the lining? Cost?

Any other recommendations for light colored, slim fitted trenches with amazing details that I couldn't get in Tokyo would be appreciated.

Thanks,

djrajio

--- Original message by djrajio on Mar 7, 2006 08:40 PM

I'm planning to check the new cloak collection this weekend, I'll look at these 2 coats and give some feedback if they're in the store.

Yes the shoes are amazing. I preordered them it was worth the wait. The ones I see they have right now are a couple of the stripe sweaters and cardigans. I'm waiting for the black blouson jacket which I'm sure will take forever to drop.

Quote:

Yes the shoes are amazing. I preordered them it was worth the wait. The ones I see they have right now are a couple of the stripe sweaters and cardigans. I'm waiting for the black blouson jacket which I'm sure will take forever to drop.

--- Original message by darkanimal on Mar 12, 2006 12:14 PM

Did they release any shoes this season that don't use the suede stuff pictured on the 'desert boots' pics that are all over the place? I'm looking for some black laceups but would rather have an all-leather shoe.

hey everybody,

long time lurker, first time poster. So, I went to Cloak yesterday. That coal engineer trench is much lighter than it looks in the picture. I think it's the faraway vs. near view-effect that all striped garments have, but I think it really is much lighter.

Anyway, it's cotton, unlined, it fit me really perfectly in my usual size, and it's $1165.

The shiny trench is really really shiny. It may be nylon or polyester or something. I wasn't very interested in it so I didn't check it out much.

Also, there was a full grown boxer dog roaming the room, which really set the atmosphere.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by darkanimal on Mar 12, 2006 12:14 PM

Did they release any shoes this season that don't use the suede stuff pictured on the 'desert boots' pics that are all over the place? I'm looking for some black laceups but would rather have an all-leather shoe.

--- Original message by verb on Mar 12, 2006 01:07 PM

I don't think they released an all black leather shoe even in the low cut for this season. Heard the last installment of the collection will drop in this week. I'm going back and let you guys know.

Whoo hoo! Thanks plainwater! I think I might be interested in the cotton one but it kinda bugs me that the fall cotton trench coat I have was lined and the same price and this spring one is approx the same price and isn't lined!!?!? Gonna check out Barney's New York in Shinjuku today see if they have this Kris Van Assche one....

046.jpg

• 2 months later...