iphone vs blackberry+itouch

fobsquad

my itouch 2G was stolen a few months ago and i've been using a 2ndgen nano for a while now. after being spoiled by the first itouch, i've already made up my mind that i need another one, either that or an iphone.

So my big dilemma is, should i get the Iphone? or an itouch and a blackberry?

the truth is, alot of my friends use both, so it's hard to get a good answer because all they really say is:

"bb sucks, iphone owns" or "iphone sucks, bb owns"

1. my phone now can't browse the web, so it's win either way for me.

2. i already love and use at&t, so switching networks isn't an issue.

3. let's assume i would get the newest of each (iphone 3GS, BB Bold 9700 / itouch3G)

4. i'm a programmer, so crackberry & jailbreaking is a must.

please don't state obvious pros/cons that are personal preference such as (unless you plan on elaborating):

1. 1 device vs 2 devices

2. BBM vs no BBM

3. iphone apps vs bb apps

4. keyboard vs touchpad

how do the cameras compare? browsing experience? performance speed? condition after 2+ years of use? music playability? durability?

hopefully i can get some opinions from those of you who once shared the dilemma and eventually made up your mind.

ps. and since this is sufu.

how are the pocket fades?

i recently got a SEXI08 but have been carrying my phone around until i make up my mind. i usually put it in the front right pocket.

(i won't keep both blackberry and itouch in my jean pockets)

Ive had my iphone 3g for about a year now, simply the best phone ive ever had.

Pros:

1.The camera on the 3g is amazing enough and with that 1mp bump on the 3gs im sure it will be even better plus the auto focus, my friends who upload there blackberry picks on facebook never compare with my iphone uploads

2.Battery life is beautiful i can listen to my iphone on the way to school and the way back and still have battery music playback does not drain the battery

3.The tons of apps is really a great thing to the phone is not boring at all i find myself looking for new games about like once a month and there always fun and theres countless of other random apps

4. Web browsing is smooth for the most part i dont use it much i see myself constantly using the social network apps since thats what i would usually check if i was mobile on the internet

Cons:

1.Lack of physical keyboard, even though you warm up to the touch screen i find that it just dosent compare.

2.Jaiblreaking raped my phone once you jailbreak your phone is no longer a virgin. mines on the rare occasion will have a dramatic slow down. or sometimes when i slide to answer a call it wont work i found all these things happened after jailbreaking

overall iphone is way more fun than the boring blackberry the apps are better and theres a lot more to mingle with, the speed is just fine on the 3g so on the 3gs its supposed to be 2x faster so thats great. Ive never had bbm noir care since i can use aim on my iphone as well as texting. and 1 is better than 2 having a powerfule media device / phone is better than having a somewhat decent phone and a horrible media device

Get an itouch off ebay for $120 (refurbished). comes with a scratch or two on the back, no biggie. Get skype. pay 8 bucks for a # plus unlimited calls for 3 bucks a month.

Downside: need internet access and if your out in the middle of the desert your screwed.

Upside: cheap aaaaand you'll have an excuse for not getting back to people you don't want to talk to.

Browsing is a pain with a BB, it's super slow even on wifi. I prefer playin music on iphone/touch too cause the interface is prettier and easier to use. Itunes also blows away the BB software. I think battery life on my BB is slightly better, which I guess might be due to screen size.

All in all, both are good phones. I'd take a BB for heavy texting, while iphone would be for browsing and having an overall fun device.

I've had a blackberry since Feb. Already had it replaced once because it kept acting up in pretty appalling ways. Texting is better than an iphone, and MSN works well enough, but browsing is antiquated, and obviously Apple wins out on the app and music front. A fair amount of friends have BBs too but I have yet to use the unique messaging. It still encounters a lot of slowdown (90% of the time, saving numbers in my address book will hang it for a minute or two). Camera definitely is outdated, but I have no idea about how it might be on the current models.

I'd say go with the iPhone. Unless you're doing a lot of business-related stuff, the BB offers too few strong points. An iPhone covers a lot more bases, and as an added bonus if you're so inclined, the games are getting more and more impressive that it's a pretty good handheld system alternative, sorta like how the Wii offers a different experience to the Sony/MS duo on the consoles.

Oh yeah, battery life is usually better on a BB, but I've been able to kill mine in 12 hours without anything drastic. It varies by a huge, huge amount.

thanks for the input everybody. seems like iphone is the way to go.

BBM does seem a bit excessive since i'll still be able to text BB users with any phone.

and the iphone3GS camera was a big plus for me. the videos i've seen from an it are better than most digital cameras.

plus i just found out about a virtual PC program that'll let me access my computer from anywhere. doesn't sound any better than that.

my only worry is the durability since i'll constantly be listening to music.

is it possible to use a 3rd party headphones/mic with the iphone?

i hate those uncomfortable white earbuds with a passion.

my only decision is whether to get the it now

or wait until june/july when they usually release the next gen iphone.

Yes the iphone uses a normal headphone jack...

I used to use a blackberry, but since I used it for school, it wasn't terribly useful, switched to Iphone 3g when it first came out and loving it.

In conclusion, unless you txt and answer a bazillion emails for business, get an iphone...i would want a blackberry maybe after graduation for white-collar work.

In terms of using headphones - you can use any - if you want to use remote stuff (next play pause volume stuff) you can do that, apple licensed the tech about a year ago.

sorry i was confused about the headphones.

i thought the ones they provided would have a mic also

(similar to the mic ppl used to use with phones until bluetooth headsets took over)

but apparently..they're just headphones (+remote)

sorry i was confused about the headphones.

i thought the ones they provided would have a mic also

(similar to the mic ppl used to use with phones until bluetooth headsets took over)

but apparently..they're just headphones (+remote)

its a mic/headphone/remote you click it once to stop or play music and twice to skip a song and three times to go back