06 1947 deadstock lvc

sbrguy

anyone have these yet? are these the unwashed versions, bc when you look at the levis site they are showing these as being washed yet they are still saying stf?

is this just the wrong picture and in reality they are raw?

another thing, are these 1947 501 "deadstock" even lvc to begin with? or are they not selvage?

thanks.

Edited by sbrguy on Mar 3, 2006 at 09:33 AM

They did have a pair of 1937s there before, (faded, a cut off cinch on the back) sounds like they haven't changed it. Yes, the current ones are raw, selvage from Cone, LVC, albeit no longer made in the old Levi's factory on Valencia but in a third party US factory.

I noticed the worn-in LVC-1947 'stf' jeans too. I thought they were mislabeled so I called the 800 number and they confirmed their 'deadstock' (as they call it on their current site) is indeed a pre-worn finish. I then called three Levi's stores - the San Fran one, the Chicago, and the new DC location, and they have the true deadstocks (not prewashed) but the lengths in my waist size (34 before washing) don't offer the 36'' inseam - only 34''. They also didn't seem hopeful it will be offered, either...

This was the same situation I had with the LVC 1947 model last year - no 36'' length.

Does anyone have the REAL scoop on both availability and longer sizes?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Cissell

i went to teh store and they only had lenghts of 32 and 34 in waist sizes 30/32/34 nothing longer was there.

guess this is the one time that being shorter actually helps out bc the 32s shrink down to perfect lenght no hemming needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a pair of the spring issue today and they look good. Exactly the same as the fall ones, as far as I can tell. In the UK, all the 47s are more or less OK - it's the 55s that have all been made with an over-long leg.

Incidentally, while all the dry 47s and 55s are made in the US, the distressed ones are apparently made in Romania...

"Is it true that deadstock LVC's now shrink to their tagged size? This is what somebody who works in Cinch told me about the new stock and that the washed ones are still tagged as though you have to size up. Hope this makes sense!"

Are you sure? Sounds kinda illogical. I'm sure the deadstock are tagged at their size before shrinking - maybe the new year's preshrunk ones are tagged at their actual size? The other way round would be nuts. Not that huge multinational brands don't do things that are nuts every now & then...

Quote:

"Is it true that deadstock LVC's now shrink to their tagged size? This is what somebody who works in Cinch told me about the new stock and that the washed ones are still tagged as though you have to size up. Hope this makes sense!"

Are you sure? Sounds kinda illogical. I'm sure the deadstock are tagged at their size before shrinking - maybe the new year's preshrunk ones are tagged at their actual size? The other way round would be nuts. Not that huge multinational brands don't do things that are nuts every now & then...

--- Original message by Paul T on Mar 23, 2006 03:07 AM

LOL, I read that back and thought that is nuts!! Having thought about it a bit more I think that is what I meant to say - that the washed ones are tagged as sized now but the deadstock are still tagged as size before shrinkage...sorry 'bout the confusion!!