Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Has anyone here been wearing the Deluxe jeans that were being discussed a while back, the ones that were from DoM? I know Chambo and Tekrah had a pair, as did I but I passed them on.

Reason I ask is that I saw my old pair at the weekend, and although there was no major wear to speak of (I got a feeling the dying process would make them buggers to break in) it was the colour or colours that caught my eye. They had a kinda iridescent hue to them that reminded me of oil, and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

Has anyone here been wearing the Deluxe jeans that were being discussed a while back, the ones that were from DoM? I know Chambo and Tekrah had a pair, as did I but I passed them on.

Reason I ask is that I saw my old pair at the weekend, and although there was no major wear to speak of (I got a feeling the dying process would make them buggers to break in) it was the colour or colours that caught my eye. They had a kinda iridescent hue to them that reminded me of oil, and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this?

Haven't worn mine yet but I did try them on again only a day ago - I love 'em but have got a couple of of other pair I want to break in before I give them attention.

As yet I haven't noticed the patina you describe CTB but with wear it may well develop.

As soon as I start wearing them I'll post up my findings.

Haven't really had much to add recently so have kept quiet but I'm still tuning in.

Any news on the LEEPRO and the availability yet ?

Yeah I have had those deluxe's for just shy of a year now, and i love em. I definitely noticed that oily thing you talking about. I remember the day i got them, I opened up the box and they were very rich and in a way shiny...I mean really something, like I've never seen before. I rotate my jeans a lot, you know I wear 1 pair maybe three times a week for awhile, and sometimes wear them only 1 a week or 1 a month, just depends. So with that being said they are starting to show a lil wear, but I go easy on that pair for some reason. I guess I'm just enjoying em so much I don't want to spoil it. I still haven't soaked em, and I know they gonna shrink but I just can't bring myself to take a chance with the fabric not being so......so whatever it is right now....

I'll post pics when i get around to opening a hosting account, but yeah, them joints is nice.

CTB, i think that you had a different pair than what I have. Not to nerd out, but my denim (and the pair that Tek has posted pics of) fabric is KM65, and I think the ones you posted were the TE41....? correct me if I'm wrong. I've been tempted to get those TE41's but have no room in the rotation and I know there will be plenty interesting denimz in the future to be hyped about.

I rotate my jeans a lot

My rotation is kinda similar. I just don't like wearing the same thing too often in a week.

I've only worn my deluxe a few times, they still smell new; and the denim feel very stiff. Haven't got around to soaking them yet. The fit on me is snug along my waist, and loose every where else. Will post up fit pic, when I get a chance.

photo overload!!!!! thanks again CTB

some crapy some good wore them for like 6 hours? gonna be my weekend jean now,

the fit is good hugging on the ankle and room to breath so all good any thoughts?

also yeah thats my toe in the last photo

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04900.jpg

DSC04899.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

DSC04895.jpg

DSC04894.jpg

How is the denim? Thin, rigid, soft? A brief explanation would be appreciated.

its really nice, soft not to stiff alot nicer then the d85 and the 0005 cut suits my body, me and 0001 don't get one i use my d85 as pj's now as it cold in my flat...

the colour is great something different from dark blue all the time i think the new lee repos will be green cast? if so i will def get them.....

these will be real nice in a couple of months time i hope...

CTB, i think that you had a different pair than what I have. Not to nerd out, but my denim (and the pair that Tek has posted pics of) fabric is KM65, and I think the ones you posted were the TE41....? correct me if I'm wrong. I've been tempted to get those TE41's but have no room in the rotation and I know there will be plenty interesting denimz in the future to be hyped about.

Yeah I have the same as you and Tek, the KM56's! I really adore that Denim! I haven't really worn mine either, since I been working on the Red Box and Dow Luck's!

Here's the link to a pic of my KM56's.....

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=1314113&postcount=1735

By the way love the color of those Brown Box's Chambo!!!

its really nice, soft not to stiff alot nicer then the d85 and the 0005 cut suits my body, me and 0001 don't get one i use my d85 as pj's now as it cold in my flat...

the colour is great something different from dark blue all the time i think the new lee repos will be green cast? if so i will def get them.....

these will be real nice in a couple of months time i hope...

not really greencast... a very pure indigo color. maybe my favorite denim of the evisu ive had (dd+1 no1 special not included)

^ ILHE1S, have you soaked your deluxe?

I hope ya like pics, - here's fit pics of my crispy deluxe:

They denim is very rigid so the stacks on my right leg look odd.

(taken in natural sunlight, when we still had some in old blighty)

Front.jpg

Back-2.jpg

I still haven't soaked em, and I know they gonna shrink but I just can't bring myself to take a chance with the fabric not being so......so whatever it is right now....

I'd be very surprised if they shrank, honestly. I pretty much boiled the waist of mine to get some shrinkage out of them and they didn't even budge half an inch. I actually wish I'd sized down on them and stretched the waist out whilst damp - I'd probably be wearing the fuck outta them right now instead of my current pairs. Thanks for the feedback lads, by the way!

The international site has such broader selection......Bull shit.

Happy to help out, if there's something there you really want, although I don't know if you'd be willing to pay UK prices (minus VAT, of course)...

taken in natural sunlight, when we still had some in old blighty

Summer of 2004, am I right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and DoM has these greencast jeans:

af6f_1_sbl.JPG

I reckon you could get those for around $80 off him, I saw a pair of Nakame go for $75 the other week.

^ ILHE1S, have you soaked your deluxe?

I hope ya like pics, - here's fit pics of my crispy deluxe:

They denim is very rigid so the stacks on my right leg look odd.

(taken in natural sunlight, when we still had some in old blighty)

Front.jpg

Back-2.jpg

No I haven't soaked! Also mine are completely plain, no gulls!The same as Tek's! My Brother has the same one's as you. As soon as I seen Tek's I had to get a pair and as soon as my Bro's seen mine he did the same. :cool:

Also if you look back far enough in this thread you can find pic's of mine outside on a very sunny summer day!

wow lots of deluxe lol, all looking very good!!! when i open up my deluxe on xmas day i don't think i will stop wearing them!!! i think all deluxe won't strink but thats jus my imput

almost giving up on d85 as it makes my feel week trying to break them in like a never ending story need some encorgement to keep me going!!!!

hi guys

I have been given a pair of Evisu Jeans. They are Lot 0001 and I think model number D67Y, they are made in Macau. The last time I bought Evisu jeans was in 1996 and they were Japanese and truly superb. Are the new ones i've been given 'wrong'?, don't want to invest 6 years wearing these in only to find they aren't the real deal.

thanks guys.

hi guys

I have been given a pair of Evisu Jeans. They are Lot 0001 and I think model number D67Y, they are made in Macau. The last time I bought Evisu jeans was in 1996 and they were Japanese and truly superb. Are the new ones i've been given 'wrong'?, don't want to invest 6 years wearing these in only to find they aren't the real deal.

thanks guys.

Pics?

And would you lot hate me if I told you that I just offered $126 on those Deluxes I was on about earlier, and they accepted? :D

Nah, they'd never look good on me in a month of Sundays unfortunately, like most of the Deluxe styles. I'm on about these ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350120635546&ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:US:1123

Having seen my old pair at the weekend, I figured that it'd be interesting to see what they looked like after a few months decent wear. 34 was the closest to my actual size that they had, so looks like I'm going to wear them loose.

sweet nice catch..... again!!! lol even my 30 waist i couldn't button up so they will be nice and tight for a week or two.

need to buy a new sofa before i buy some jeans its kinda caramel leather with indigo everywere only had it 2 years....

counting down the days till i wear my deluxe can't find my cam so some pics later

holy shit check this out........................

6b0f_1_sbl.jpg

6fe5_1_sbl.jpg

6401_1_sbl.jpg

here is the link aswell

http://cgi.ebay.com/Evisu-Deluxe-Denim-Jacket-Taizo-sz-40-Medium-M_W0QQitemZ190263821438QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11484QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

wow he is asking 700 dollars but how much do you reckon you could bid 150? nice jacket is this the same as those jeans that ctb posted before???????? says zip fly???

I just got into wearing denim jackets about a year ago too, but my preference is that you have to pair the denimz together properly... Personally I like when the same denim is used for the jacket and jeans, a canadian tuxedo if you will (No offense to any canadians out there lol!!:) I'm an american and i wear them!:)), and that jacket would look good with those Ikeda jeans they got on the website, It's a nice step outside of Evisu's usual aesthetic with bold logos. But dang!, who can afford that outfit?????