MAGIC :: Pool :: Project - which ones do buyers prefer?

moongirl

This was my second time showing at MAGIC in the Campground and I was repeatedly told that I should've been at Pool or Project. I chose MAGIC because I thought that is where all buyers went.

I got lots of great compliments and met awesome people and got a few really fantastic orders, I felt that from buyer feedback I might be in the wrong place.

Do small boutiques shop MAGIC? And do non-hip-hop-urban-streetwear buyers go to the Campground?

My line is kinda hard for me to describe. My tagline is "Moongirl - Cute stuff for an ugly world" and I kind feel like that is what I do. I create tees with designs that are cute, sad, funny, creative and different - I hope.

I'd love for buyers and other designers to send me feedback about show is really best for me. You can check out my stuff at [url="http://www.moongirl.com"]<a href="http://www.moongirl.com" target="_blank">http://www.moongirl.com.</a>

thanks.

moongirl :: cute stuff for an ugly world

http://www.moongirl.com

I would've said POOL as well, given both the economic factor and the fact that most of your stuff seems to be tee shirts. That said, if MAGIC has been good to you, I'd stick with it. I think that you would probably stand out at POOL in any case (your stuff doesn't say "streetwear" to me per se).

As for buying, in Las Vegas, I tried to hit every show (the boutique was mostly women's stuff, with some (basic) menswear in there. For example, we stocked Apres midi du chien bags, Frankie B clothes and jeans, Custo Barcelona, but also Paper Denim for men (back in the day), James Perse, and some random lines) and my feet hurt after all that. And it was a small boutique.

I would've said POOL as well, given both the economic factor and the fact that most of your stuff seems to be tee shirts. That said, if MAGIC has been good to you, I'd stick with it. I think that you would probably stand out at POOL in any case (your stuff doesn't say "streetwear" to me per se).

As for buying, in Las Vegas, I tried to hit every show (the boutique was mostly women's stuff, with some (basic) menswear in there. For example, we stocked Apres midi du chien bags, Frankie B clothes and jeans, Custo Barcelona, but also Paper Denim for men (back in the day), James Perse, and some random lines) and my feet hurt after all that. And it was a small boutique.

Yeah, just got back from all three shows. MAGIC is always so disappointing unless of course you are an urban label (think ECKO or FUBU) or maybe more Women's contemporary. Pool was fun just because of all the fresh indie desigers that were there.

My favorite though was Project. Nice clean easy setup. Free Voss water. Free custom made vintage shirts, Free carry on bag with a great show book. DJ in addition to touch screen directories. PROJECT is high tech all the way. This is wear i did most my buying.

Celeb spottings:

Usher at Project

Nikki Hilton at MAGIC

Chloe Dao? at Pool

http://www.ocstreet.com

Real Orange County Street Fashion and Culture

Quote:

Oh, just saw your stuff Moon Girl. You probably should have been at Pool. Probably 1/8th the price too. So next time. You can also try AGENDA in San Diego, lots of indie labels there too. Cheap too...maybe 1k for a booth. Not sure how much Pool was this year.

--- Original message by ocstreet on Feb 27, 2006 12:15 AM

5K for POOL. If you want to have a good time and visit places, go toe Bread & Butter.

Bread & Butter's the best show worldwide at the moment. Barcelona's busiest - particularly in the summer - as all the trade take it as a bit of a holiday too. London's crap at the moment - all the shows have taken a tumble. You want to do Pool or B&B, I reckon - B&B if you can afford it.

Quote:

Bread & Butter's the best show worldwide at the moment. Barcelona's busiest - particularly in the summer - as all the trade take it as a bit of a holiday too. London's crap at the moment - all the shows have taken a tumble. You want to do Pool or B&B, I reckon - B&B if you can afford it.

--- Original message by cadogan on Feb 27, 2006 08:48 AM

Yep, plus, Spanish and Italian buyers love color and quirky American designers, for whatever reason, and are much more adventurous than U.S. buyers, in general. Just don't get robbed like I did on Las Ramblas. That sucks.