Warehouse Duckdigger 1900's?

danzarrella

sicksicksick, they are a great 2nd hand find (presuming not too expensive)

I guess we are looking at 1890s, as didnt levis introduce the 2nd pocket by 1901, and im presuming these are levis repros, or at least levi inspired?

Ive never seen that style of cinch though on regular levis, only on those spring bottom pants or something like that from the lvc range.

Not quite sure how much that is, sorry?!

I dont think they can be too faithfull to Boss of the Road as thier label is a direct rip off/homage of Stronghold jeans... Pretty cool actually that they are taking inspiration from these lesser well known brands, we wearing are awash in levis repros, relatively speaking at least.

• 5 months later...

These have been mentioned before. I'm pretty sure they're not Boss Of The Road copies, I've seen 1900s Boss Of THe Road and they look just like Levi's: they look to be like a straight leg version of Levi's spring bottom pants, which were pre-1900s. (they could of course be a copy of a Boss Of The Road Leiv's Spring Bottom copy I guess).

But as with lots of clothes there were plenty of similar items produced by various companies, so they could have been simply based on an obscure pair they found in a thrift shop.

The original spring-bottoms were a kind of bell bottom and were dressy Levi's in a blue & gold denim for the more up-market dude

nice to see you paul t, where've you been?

yeah, i love the 1900s duckdigger, it's my favorite of the bunch. especially, that reinforcement stitching where the rivets usually are. suprisingly, they fit pretty nice, a good-looking straight leg. they actually fit better than a lot of later-model repros i've tried on. also, very nice denim....