edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

i am looking for an outdoors/hiking/camping fixed blade knife. i am in love with the strider db in form and overall design, i just cant swing that much money. I know it isnt REALLY an EDC but could you guys help me out with finding something similar?

Rat/esee izula, BRKT necker would be my suggestions. I can edc my izula, and do frequently.

Snody's selling build-your-own bailouts right now. Trust me, at 55$ shipped, these blow any production fixed blade out of the water.

march4.jpg?t=1268184900

please believe that the tokenindiankid got his mitts on one of these

carbon fiber baby carbon fiber!

i would like a shoulder/crossbody bag as a backpack would often look out of place with what i wear, any suggestions for the smallest bag that would fit everything would be greatly appreciated.

Haptronic - perhaps one of the Chrome bags?

CitizenHero_BlackBlackBlack_Enlarge.jpg

http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags/citizen-buckle-bag---medium.html?c=120

They come in a variety of sizes, as well as colors, including a murdered out version. Very tough bags - I messengered for 3 years as a student & still have my bag, going strong..

i can double vouch for chrome, durable as fuck. had an accident where i hit a pothole at night and literally skidded across the street on my side/back. material was clearly blemished but held up like a champ.

i'm actually looking for a new bag right now... something with double straps. my left shoulder is starting to feel the stress after biking with the messenger bag for 4ish years.

looking at this:

http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/packs/ivan-rolltop-pack---medium.html

chromeivanblk.jpg

and the "Swig" by timbuk2 as posted by Yardsale

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/mavericks-swig-backpack

4_f_nylon420coated.black-nylon420coated.grey-nylon420coated.black.jpg

i like the look of the chrome bag more, but the timbuk2 is a bit more interesting to me since it has a padded laptop compartment which i tend to EDC when i'm carrying a bag.

input?

chrome + booq sleeve or straight timbuk2?

edit: just saw this one by chrome... with laptop option. http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/laptop-bags/soyuz.html#

SoyuzHero_BlackBlack_Enlarge.jpg

saw these bags at the chrome store here in sf. this is a nice bag, too big for me. but if that is the size of backpack you are after the shape was fantastic.

size is my main concern, so I was hoping for some input regarding that. too big for you functionally or preferentially? what are your dimensions if you don't mind sharing?

too big for me preferentially, i am looking for something around 12" x 9" x 5" just big enough to fit all the stuff i carry day to day.

the soyuz did not look at all as unwieldy as some of the chrome messengers i see people carrying everyday.

Only thing I can think of, assuming the battery is fine, is that it came on in your pocket or something. Did you get the tactical version, and if so, do you leave the light with turbo available or something? It could've momentarily pressed on somewhere, killing your battery maybe. 2 weeks is kinda short, i would expect at least 3 weeks - a month, but i don't use primaries so..

I'm looking for a new messenger myself, I was looking at this LL Bean one but without handling it I'm a little skeptical, could be really crappy. The most ideal is the J Crew one but I'm not gonna pay 6 bills, any other suggestions? Doesn't necessarily have to be leather or not techy, just not so complicated that it's ugly you know.

re: Surefire batteries, while those are regarded as the standard of quality, 4sevens are not bad by any means. they have very similar performance for about the same price or cheaper, I posted some graphs/data sometime before The Great EDC Threak Crash of 2010.

I'm looking for a new messenger myself, I was looking at this LL Bean one but without handling it I'm a little skeptical, could be really crappy. The most ideal is the J Crew one but I'm not gonna pay 6 bills, any other suggestions? Doesn't necessarily have to be leather or not techy, just not so complicated that it's ugly you know.

Check out the Filson bags. I just picked up one of their medium field bags in brown and I love it. Utilitarian, super high quality materials and extremely durable. They look pretty good to. Not techy, just good old heavy weaight canvas and briddle leather.

re: Surefire batteries, while those are regarded as the standard of quality, 4sevens are not bad by any means. they have very similar performance for about the same price or cheaper, I posted some graphs/data sometime before The Great EDC Threak Crash of 2010.

Last time I priced it out surefires were a nickel more expensive I think, even with the discout.

re: to packs, this is pretty dope for a rolltop:

comes in a S and M sizing, laptop portage with swing around access so you can reach and pull out the laptop out the side ftw.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/new/hemlock-backpack#product=4-122553

glad you brought this to my attention i didn't even know it existed!

definitely looks cool, but is solid for biking? is there padding on the back area (excluding laptop compartment) i didn't notice any chest compression straps

yeah its great for biking, most of our company bikes, and most of the guys carry the hemlock. i'm one of the few rocking a medium sized swig, and only because I like waterproof.

There's ample padding on the back, you won't feel the laptop and there isn't a need for an across the chest strap if that's what you're asking. the bag is cut so that it hugs you.