edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

50% off ALL items TODAY ONLY @ armynavydeals.com with code PAT50

they're a little higher than other places on the interwebernets but 50% off creates some pretty good deals. They've got knives, SAKs, Leathermans, and plenty of bags to make yourself a BOB. And no I don't work for them.

Does anyone know how well those TwoFish lockblocks (bike flashlight mount) on 4sevens work? i need a front light for my commute, would be great if it could securely hold my quark 123 tactical.

I use a Lockblock and I have no worries of losing my light (esp. if you clip the light to the velcro strap).

iRX posted his here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2185211&postcount=2421

I'd be lying if I said I use my prybaby for more than opening beers. That little feller sure is pretty looking though.

I've said the same thing about my Metwrench tool. It looks fucking fantastic opening a beer. I have used the pry end it to open a car remote to replace the batteries and open paint cans, but not yet the wrench. But I use it at least twice a day to open beers, anyone use a Nitecore twice a day?

g-drifter: well i figured it was safe to talk about here because more of us than not were not content with the atwoods. and as far as headporter -- theyre expensive, not extremely durable and not designed for edc.. but they are cool, imo. w/e.

u mad: i can change it but on tumblr, "EDC" means electric daisy carnival, cuz everyone on tumblr is some indie artsy rave fag

soonami if you get use out of yours, more power to you. i just don't drink and if i did drink, and if i had friends, and if i did drink in front of those aforementioned hypothetical friends, they would probably just make fun of me for using an atwood to open a beer. that's because even in my imagination i have low self esteem.

chris_n: but moonmode (0.2 lm) is like a cell phone glow but in a beam pattern that can actually throw! so cool. :)

Does anyone know how well those TwoFish lockblocks (bike flashlight mount) on 4sevens work? i need a front light for my commute, would be great if it could securely hold my quark 123 tactical.

I've heard that they are pretty solid.

anyone own a razel? thinking about getting one

Don't own one, but I know they have gotten good reviews.

oh shit, look what just came in the mail

quark1.jpg

(poor man Snody pic next to my ITP for comparison)

Initial impressions: this thing is SMALL and LIGHT and BRIGHT on the max setting. I tend to use my keychain light on max for short periods to find things in the dark but the moonlight mode is nice too. I was a concerned about the thread play (ti on ti) which is a little gritty but doesn't seem like it's going to be a big deal. Flashlight nerds would say "coat the threads in bronze" but that costs money.

Is it worth a hundred bucks? If titanium gets you wet it's a deal. If you're like me and have no patience and want the the newest hottest mid-size keychain light right now, maybe. I'm personally happy.

Bonus new keychain pic

quark2.jpg

c'cwise from top: benz key, quark, valiant concepts pen (awesome), bug, tiny 8gb transcend card, disco fenom house key, gerber shard (garbage), spy capsule.

Wild - thanks for the kind words. Spy capsule has a tightly rolled hundo and aspirin.

I saw your keychain earlier, Zissou does beautiful work, the leather middle piece is a great idea and your custom key folder is killer. I carry my setup in my pocket and it doesn't really jingle due thanks to thick thighs but I don't know if I'd be as comfortable janitor-style.

just got my uni ball jetstream as well. i usually use gel inks, but this pen flows surprisingly well.

word, these are my favourite pens. i just switched over to the retractable type. the 1.0mm bold ones are the jam. ink dries so fast too, no smudgies for the lefties (holla).

@symbebekos not sure if you were talkin to me, but i drive an 07 rabbit. c-note in the spy capsule, thats ballin!

On the recyclable pen note, I dont know why the sudden burst in their popularity. My college bookstore actually has a separate aisle for recycled material pens now.

Personally, I'd rather just get a pen I can reuse instead of throwing away :)

I buy titanium/carbon fiber Sharbo X's and when they run out of ink I throw the whole body away and cop another one

BALLIN OUTTA CONTROL

(i might actually cop one of those BUT $120 FFFFUUUUU)

edit: on another note tho, the TOMBOW MONO ZERO is some steezy eraser jawn. i need to take better pics of it, its cooool.

and yea i love refillable pens, my sharbo x is prob fav edc gear (engineering major concept)

g-drifter: well i figured it was safe to talk about here because more of us than not were not content with the atwoods. and as far as headporter -- theyre expensive, not extremely durable and not designed for edc.. but they are cool, imo. w/e.

u mad: i can change it but on tumblr, "EDC" means electric daisy carnival, cuz everyone on tumblr is some indie artsy rave fag

soonami if you get use out of yours, more power to you. i just don't drink and if i did drink, and if i had friends, and if i did drink in front of those aforementioned hypothetical friends, they would probably just make fun of me for using an atwood to open a beer. that's because even in my imagination i have low self esteem.

chris_n: but moonmode (0.2 lm) is like a cell phone glow but in a beam pattern that can actually throw! so cool. :)

Hating on Atwoods is like hating on any luxury brands. The reasons to buy one are exactly the same; exclusivity, looks, materials, manufacturing methods, brand name, etc. Not utility. Just like your cricket probably does the exact same thing as your leafstorm, except the later costs triple the price.

If someone wants a nice bottle opener and doesn't mind paying 70$ for one that most other people won't have, I don't see a problem here. I'm perfectly content with mine and def won't resell it, but I certainly wouldn't buy a second one.

On another note, I got lots of new stuff lately, gonna post a big update on the weekend when I have my camera :)

^ lol except the cricket can't do what my leafstorm does, and i only paid $20 more for the leafstorm than i did the cricket, but that's beside the point i suppose. the leafstorm has better materials and engineering so thats where the cost comes from.

ANYWAY here are pics of this eraser jawn:

IMG_0547-1.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

the actual eraser is small, i cant even get it to focus lah :(

IMG_0549.jpg

with the sharbo

IMG_0552.jpg

with the shift

IMG_0551.jpg

amazingly deep pocket carry B)

EDIT: bonus pic of my gear chillin in this stainless steel curved cup thingy i got from ikea

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

^ lol except the cricket can't do what my leafstorm does, and i only paid $20 more for the leafstorm than i did the cricket, but that's beside the point i suppose. the leafstorm has better materials and engineering so thats where the cost comes from.

That was sort of my point, wasn't it? My SOG is just as good in everyday tasks as my Snody, but I'd still rather carry my Snody since it's handmade with better materials, has a nicer and more unique aesthetic, etc. It just feels like a nicer tool to me.

Just like a 1$ bottle opener is just as good as an Atwood when it comes down to opening a beer, but the Atwood is handmade, limited design, S30V steel, etc., so I'd rather carry it with me.