Levi's are now SPYCHIPPED

A.D.B.

Since you used bold and italic, that means you were being sarcastic when you called me a smart guy right? lolololol.

Care to add the article where it actually says the RFID chips are "in affect" now?

You know there are other post you can view, right? Is there some sort of magnetic force binding you to this post, or something?

The articles says that they are just attached to the tags for (tracking) inventory purposes. Furthermore, the transmitting radius of an RFID chip is very very small and you would take off the tag when you buy the jeans.

All the uproar is from basement-dwelling, partially-skitzophrenic, government conspiracy theorists and the like claiming SLIPPERY SLOPE THEY WILL READ MY BRAIN WITH THIS shit.

You know they have RFID chips in passports now right? It's fine.

They can only be read at 1-3 feet away RIGHT NOW. This may easily change in the future.

The problem isn't the one RFID they're telling you again. Anyone see enemy of the state? Sure, you'll remove the one chip in the tag, but the ones inside the rivets and button fly will still be there. The scary part is some people won't even remove the tag.

The fear here is not necessarily that someone will "read my brain with this shit" but rather that they'll be able to track your movements/purchases. Look, if you own a metrocard and use your debit card to purchase stuff already there's a shit ton of data out there about your activities. I'm not even comfortable with THAT level of data available for mining. If all the sudden I'm covered with RFIDs and coca cola corp can track my location within a mall the whole time I'm there, that's not something I'm too keen on...

They can only be read at 1-3 feet away RIGHT NOW. This may easily change in the future.

The problem isn't the one RFID they're telling you again. Anyone see enemy of the state? Sure, you'll remove the one chip in the tag, but the ones inside the rivets and button fly will still be there. The scary part is some people won't even remove the tag.

The fear here is not necessarily that someone will "read my brain with this shit" but rather that they'll be able to track your movements/purchases. Look, if you own a metrocard and use your debit card to purchase stuff already there's a shit ton of data out there about your activities. I'm not even comfortable with THAT level of data available for mining. If all the sudden I'm covered with RFIDs and coca cola corp can track my location within a mall the whole time I'm there, that's not something I'm too keen on...

Completely agree.

• 4 weeks later...