Levi's Premium 501

kapay

There's usually a lot of talk about 501xx STF's and LVC's but does any know if the Premium 501 rigid cuffed jeans are any good? I only seem to hear about Skinners when refering to the Premium line and even that's pretty rare. I was just wondering what people thought since the 501's a selvedge jean and they seem to offer a raw version of it but are cheaper than LVC's.

I have a pair of the cuffed premium selvages:

They looked great new, dry and clean. They even looked good after a few months of wear, before they were washed.

Then I washed them....and was very dissapointed in them. The overall color they took on was strange, very blue, almost too blue, not dark enough. They softened up a lot and still fit really nicely on the whole, but the color was suspect. Since then I haven't really worn them hardly at all. I'm thinking about washing them a few more times to see if they lighten up some more and take on a more faded, less bright color

On the whole: Don't pay retail ($138) for them, buy apc or acne. If you can find them cheap, then go for it, just don't ever wash them

Fuck....more shit to buy

According to the website they're about $80. I still have to check the SF Union Square location to see if they still carry them in stock. Do you think $80 is worth it? Also how was shrinkage if any after the wash?

Quote:

I have a pair of the cuffed premium selvages:

They looked great new, dry and clean. They even looked good after a few months of wear, before they were washed.

Then I washed them....and was very dissapointed in them. The overall color they took on was strange, very blue, almost too blue, not dark enough. They softened up a lot and still fit really nicely on the whole, but the color was suspect. Since then I haven't really worn them hardly at all. I'm thinking about washing them a few more times to see if they lighten up some more and take on a more faded, less bright color

On the whole: Don't pay retail ($138) for them, buy apc or acne. If you can find them cheap, then go for it, just don't ever wash them

--- Original message by Bill on Feb 20, 2006 07:00 AM

I was kinda interested in those jeans too, but if the indigo fades that much in a first wash like regular STFs, I might just buy LVC repros.