Moving to Cal.

beveridge

hey guys,

I've just gotten the all clear on a student exchange over to the states for a year starting early 2010. I picked Cal State and now my problem is figuring out which campus to go to. I'm going to be there a year so I want to make sure I'm not stuck in Ed Hardy town. I'm 23, from Brisbane, Australia, pretty into your regular blend of indie punk shit. like seeing shows, cycling about (Don't drive so public transport is a must) skateboarding and, most importantly, having a blast.

I don't care about academics or college rep or anything like that; I'll just be studying electives on whatevers fun/easy.

So with Cal. State, youdon't choose 1 campus, you choose 4 and they pick one for you. S I need a solid 4. My campus choices arreee...

Fresno

Humboldt

Chico

Sonoma

Sacramento

East Bay

San Jose

Maritime

Bakersfield

San Bernadino

Fullerton

Dominguez Hills

Northridge

Pomona

Long Beach

San Diego

San Marcos

Channel Island

Help me out people.

hey guys,

I've just gotten the all clear on a student exchange over to the states for a year starting early 2010. I picked Cal State and now my problem is figuring out which campus to go to. I'm going to be there a year so I want to make sure I'm not stuck in Ed Hardy town. I'm 23, from Brisbane, Australia, pretty into your regular blend of indie punk shit. like seeing shows, cycling about (Don't drive so public transport is a must) skateboarding and, most importantly, having a blast.

I don't care about academics or college rep or anything like that; I'll just be studying electives on whatevers fun/easy.

So with Cal. State, youdon't choose 1 campus, you choose 4 and they pick one for you. S I need a solid 4. My campus choices arreee...

Fresno

Humboldt

Chico

Sonoma

Sacramento

East Bay

San Jose

Maritime

Bakersfield

San Bernadino

Fullerton

Dominguez Hills

Northridge

Pomona

Long Beach

San Diego

San Marcos

Channel Island

Help me out people.

alright so bikes/indie rock/punk, stay in nor cal if you don't have a car, since you like to bike or w/e

you want to stick with like sacramento, east bay, san jose, but you have to be part of the underground scene to get any decent shit

chico state is good for anyone that likes to party regardless of taste

san diego is good for punk scene but you need a car

fuck it, play safe and go to san jose

• 1 month later...

I would vote for East Bay. You're close to a lot of good music venues and shopping in SF and the legendary Gilman St. (924gilman.org). There's a small cement skatepark near Gilman. The bus system is called AC Transit and it's pretty good in my opinion. Plus you have BART (bay area rapid transit) which can take you just about anywhere in the bay area. No car needed if you've got a bike.

San Francisco State all the way if you're into indie, punk, public transport, skating, etc. Most of the CSU schools are not in the best towns (no offense to anyone).

Absolute NOs for your likes: Sacramento State, San Jose State, San Diego State, Sonoma State.