Puma x Evisu Jeans

holotekor

Now I don't really like either of the companies, but I thought this was particularily cool-- as you wear the jeans, the puma logo appears with the fades.

courtesy of hypebeast-

evisu_puma_jeans_pre_s.jpg

This Valentine’s Day, PUMA® and EVISU® will take their relationship to the next level with the launch of a co-branded series of EVISU denim products to be sold exclusively at PUMA stores. PUMA and EVISU developed this collabo together and have affectionately dubbed it “True Love Never Dies."

All of the jeans feature the EVISU brushstroke on the back pocket. What's really hot is the PUMA formstripe that slowly emerges over time, becoming increasingly visible as the jeans are worn. There will be three styles for men and three styles for women, each with three washes. So depending on your taste in dark or lighter washes, you can get your favorite.

evisu_puma_jeans_pre_1.jpg

a>

evisu_puma_jeans_pre_3.jpg

evisu_puma_jeans_pre_4.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i bought a pair of those... unwashed loose fit in 34x32... anyone know if this is dry denim?? i tried shrinking them by soaking them in water but no color was lost... and the jeans felt "slimy" in the water... and they had this "wax" feel to them before i soaked them in water...

Quote:

i bought a pair of those... unwashed loose fit in 34x32... anyone know if this is dry denim?? i tried shrinking them by soaking them in water but no color was lost... and the jeans felt "slimy" in the water... and they had this "wax" feel to them before i soaked them in water...

--- Original message by pokpok on Feb 16, 2006 09:06 AM

that sounds like starch to me sonny..

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by pokpok on Feb 16, 2006 09:06 AM

that sounds like starch to me sonny..

--- Original message by thomas_highstreet on Feb 16, 2006 11:14 AM

i soaked them in hot water for 2 hrs... dried them this morning and they shrunk a tad bit... and the waxy feel is gone... the denim is a bit stiffer now, but no where near the stiffness of STF 501...anyone else have any insights on these?? im too much of a denim noobicon_smile.gif

If you want the stiffness back, you can starch them (the Niagra extra strong spray stuff works)

I went to the "release party" or whatever for these things. I checked them out (I was probably the only person more interested in the jeans than the free PBR they were giving out) they were non-selvage, and they didn't really say where they were made. $190 seemed a bit steep

did they fade at all from the soaking?

Quote:

If you want the stiffness back, you can starch them (the Niagra extra strong spray stuff works)

I went to the "release party" or whatever for these things. I checked them out (I was probably the only person more interested in the jeans than the free PBR they were giving out) they were non-selvage, and they didn't really say where they were made. $190 seemed a bit steep

did they fade at all from the soaking?

--- Original message by mcflip on Feb 16, 2006 02:13 PM

i paid 160 for mine... the "rigid" color is 160, the slightly worn...or "worn in" are 170 and worn out are 180... i sprayed niagara starch.. not xtra strong since i cant find them... sprayed it on the cuffs of the leg and bunched it a little so they are shorter because after soaking them... they are still too long... but after spraying with starch and bunching it, i can wear them without cuffing them and having the jeans puffing out like an idiot...

the jeans didnt fade AT ALL from the soaking... i use hot water too... i was moving the jeans in the water... rubbing the denim... no color was loss... the water had no indigo in it... after i drain the water and the water dripping from the jeans... they was ONLY a slight hue of indigo... other than that... no fade at all..

Edited by pokpok on Feb 16, 2006 at 07:39 PM

i guess the fit is like levis preshrunk 501... i got a 34... and they are like...tight to button...but they loosen up because they have a little stretch to them.... i wear 36 in levis but those are a bit loose... so i guess if u order your size.. they will be kinda tight, order 2 sizes up... they will fit more loosely...

I'm getting the worn out in the mail today.

by the way, if you live in South Cali it takes less than 3 days for you to get yours with ground shipping.

I'm wondering tho, will they bleed on to white or light colored shoes?

I have a pair of unwashed evisu, and those bleed like nobody's business even after I washed the

bottom of the jeans for like 8 times..with hot water.

any help/advice is apperciated.

i like em....

But do they all have cinch back? looks just like the "Loose" model has a buckleback to me....

what do you guys think?

peace.

someone took my niketalk name here.

here are some more pics..

of6mpl.jpg

of6mwg.jpg

of6n1d.jpg

of6n3n.jpg

of6oeh.jpg

of6ogj.jpg

of6oid.jpg

like ive mentioned in the other thread, i soaked the jeans in hot water but no indigo loss from the soak... these jeans arent as stiff so i dont know if they are dry or not...

I ordered mine thru the puma site.

great service and fast shipping by the way.

great jeans, and great price by Evisu's standard.

I've never seen a pair washed Evisu genes retail under 250..

so 180 for the worn-out was a bargain.

I'm satisfied with the wash and the detail of the jeans.

the only complain is...they aren't tapered.

why aren't they tapered???

oh well, but overall, I'm happy with them.

fuckin a. I bought a pair of the long and loose fit in the rigid wash. The website said order they run small so order one size larger. One week later and 3 days of UPS hell i get them and they are huge! it should have said order one size smaller.... i bought a 32. i should have bought a 30

and damn-it they dont make extanges, i have to pay for return postage, wait for the refund, then buy a new size.

this all is really a shame because they look great

In Copenhagen, a PUMA store just opened. They had all these big ads about their work with Evisu and such hype.

I went in and tried their loose fit on, but i must admit, i am very disapointed. The fit was awful, and the quality didn't seem very good. The stiching wasn't that impressive at all.