Cheap Monday - Pamper unwashed jeans

atariswede

seriously... I don't get the whole baggy crotch tight leg thing everyone seems to be doing now (I think Dior has some similar, albeit a little more subtle, looks in the s/s 06 collection). I rember seeing people wearing jeans like this a few years ago in Boston, but I was always under the impression it came from them buying thrift store pants, sewing up the legs tight, and then not knowing how to fix the crotch area. I don't know why anyone would want to pay this much for something that's ultimately just bad tailoring.

Quote:

Just wondering what people think of the other new Cheap Monday style?

10018279_h1.jpg

not sure myself?

http://se.zoovillage.com/store/productdetail.asp?CategoryID=0|0&BrandID=265&DisplayItemID=18279&Position=22&ListType=1

--- Original message by atariswede on Feb 1, 2006 10:30 AM

horrifying!

these remind me of late 80's early 90's cavariccis. its a horrible look that i just can't beleieve is coming back around. tapered pants are only acceptable if they are slim the whole way down. these are like hammerpants or zubazz.

horrendous.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Feb 1, 2006 at 01:43 PM

Quote:

those aren't new. Looks alright on girls.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Feb 1, 2006 02:07 PM

I'm really really sorry but I would never let my girl wear those things. Completely unflattering if you ask me...

I just don't understand it...I wonder how many kids are gonna wear those things...they're hideous. And are those pockets in the front below the fly?

Ugh... I think Cheap Monday is really hyped. They got their designer status by claiming that they delivered well designed, quality jeans for a cheap price. Well, from what I hear they're not all that great quality (not better than the rest for sure) and IMHO, they don't look very designed.

And that pair just looks like a poor design. Perhaps it is motivated with over-priced denim after all icon_smile_wink.gif

I believe these are really hot in parts of asia, particularly Hong Kong, especially among the younger kids.

It's been said before, but just to make sure I'm in the safe, I'll say again: They're UGLY. It's a damn shame they're making appearances on recent runway shows...

yep...those were pretty hot in hongkong and macau when i went back over the summer... i thought they look funny but after seeing both guys and girls wearing them everyday in hk/macau... it wasnt too bad... i would never wear it but alot of them can pull it off there...

which is scary considering how many people are in China. If all the youths of the emerging superpower jumped on this bandwagon who knows what impact that will have on the world's fashion stage.

Don't forget, many retailers are opening flagship stores in Shanghai and Hong Kong...I hope good sense will persevere. But actually, my straightlegs or bootcuts will only look better next to this pile of fabric, no?

Quote:

Just wondering what people think of the other new Cheap Monday style?

10018279_h1.jpg

not sure myself?

http://se.zoovillage.com/store/productdetail.asp?CategoryID=0|0&BrandID=265&DisplayItemID=18279&Position=22&ListType=1

--- Original message by atariswede on Feb 1, 2006 10:30 AM

CAN"T TOUCH THIS...MC HAMMER INSPIRED!!!!

Edited by damnIam on Feb 9, 2006 at 07:12 AM

Quote:

Just spoke to a salesman in a shop which sold them earlier this year. He told me the owners decided to take them off the shelves because they sold out TOO FAST!!??!? Hordes of 13 year old girls came in and ripped 6-7 pairs and occupied the fitting room for hours.. Not exactly the clientele they hoped to attract.icon_smile_big.gif

--- Original message by simonthediamond on Feb 18, 2006 04:28 PM

now THAT is some wierd shit...