International cuisine (appreciation thread)

Ichigo100%

i will be having some amazing middle eastern food either tonight or tomorrow, will take pics!

as long as you had some of these:

wara2%203inab.jpg

your meal is great.

Some Lahmajoun is good too:

2373358-lahmajoun-1.jpg

it's great with za'atar too (only pic i could find.....really doesn't make it look too appealing)

155829524_ea11d59b65.jpg?v=0

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of this game is explaining your food dawg. I am gonna pick up two chicken shawarma tomorrow for yall niggaz though when I grab the Temple of Jawnz samples from the tailors.

Part of this game is explaining your food dawg.

picky picky :P

First Pic - stuffed vine leaves. Stuffing depends what region of the Mediterranean, but we make ours with rice and ground beef.

2nd pic - ground beef on flat bread w/ spices. oven baked.

3rd pic - za'atar (thyme) on flatbread. oven baked.

there's a few other versions also (cheese, cheese & tomato, cheese and za'atar, etc.)

by "flatbread", i don't mean pita.

i think this thread needs some southern german food

if you ever see "Spätzle" on a menu, get iiiiit

here's a wiki that has a good explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4tzle

you can have spätzle with many types of food here is one of my favorite ways to have spätzle

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mrtrwo.jpg

spätzle with 3 different types of meat (i can't seem to make it show up)

or if you are in siwtzerland and north of the "Rösti-Graben" (that means in the german speaking part of CH) you should get this:

roesti_02.jpg

it's coarsely grated potatoes fried in a pan. ridiculously good stuff. goes well with any kind of meat and sauce

international food i appreciate...

jerk chicken

smokeypassionjerkchicke.jpg

fucking heart skipped a beat.. best part is the skin <3

i <3 brazilian barbecue

churrasco3.jpgsteak-the-gaucho-way.jpg

... a lot. its especially good when its homemade and served the traditional 'family style' with lots of beer

gotta say the last time i had this i wasn't impressed but i guess it was the restaurant..they had it buffet style walkin' around bringing the meat to us but i wasn't full yet and they for some reason didn't bring anymore :(

38a9d7140f2b5ad9_m.jpg

szechuan hot pot

best type of hot pot there is.

31-RedCurry.jpg

thai red curry. there's a dope place in my area where the red curry is ridiculous, i could seriously just live off the sauce + rice. tastyyyy.

where???

I have yet to try some tandoori chicken.. I hear it's pretty damn delish due to its rich spices (cayenne pepper and red chilli powder) and almost sweet but spicy texture..

India:

CA94BEZZ.jpg

One thing I do love though is Peking Duck.. Add some chilli peppers and soy sauce and I'm in heaven. I don't care how oily or fatty this is, it tastes phenomenal.

Beijing:

sydneyBeijingRestaurant_pekingDuck01.jpg

No one fancy some Indonesian food?

2635407661_72755170af.jpg?v=0

2307078054_2dcc5ca1a1.jpg?v=0

2285718718_e55a35bfae.jpg?v=0

1505268233_1cf066927e.jpg?v=0

Beautyfake, you post some real nice looking indo-food, but what are the names? These dishes actually look quite delicious. It makes me sad though, that there aren't many eateries that carry Indonesian food around my area. I've yet to dive into the indonesian culture of foods although it's been an area of interest.

1. Satay with lots of fried onion. Curry looks alittle different from the traditional peanut gravy.

2. Not really sure - pre-mixed karedok?

3. Nasi Lemak (literally fat rice cos its cooked with coconut milk

4. looks like gado gado.

Indonesian cuisine done right is hard to come by.

Beautyfake, you post some real nice looking indo-food, but what are the names? These dishes actually look quite delicious. It makes me sad though, that there aren't many eateries that carry Indonesian food around my area. I've yet to dive into the indonesian culture of foods although it's been an area of interest.

maaaaan, i dont want middle eastern food for like 7 yrs! i dont eat vine leaves unless my mom makes them. gotta get them bone-in lamb chunks cooking with them to get that flavor... :cool:

sfeeha? is that lahmajoun? meat packed on to rolled out dough and then cooked not too long? love it! i can make it too! ;)

zaa'tar is best loose, when u take a peice of pita bread and dip in olive oil and then the zaa'tar....

i took pics but they are mad blurry :o fattoush, i could live on.

wara2%203inab.jpg

your meal is great.

it's great with za'atar too (only pic i could find.....really doesn't make it look too appealing)

1. Satay with lots of fried onion. Curry looks alittle different from the traditional peanut gravy.

2. Not really sure - pre-mixed karedok?

3. Nasi Lemak (literally fat rice cos its cooked with coconut milk

4. looks like gado gado.

Indonesian cuisine done right is hard to come by.

Good try!

1. Sate Padang (Lamb sate from Padang region)

2. Pre-mix Rujak (Fruits with spicy peanut sauce)

3. Yes, some sort of nasi lemak

4. Correct! That's gado gado (Vegetables with spicy peanut sauce and some kerupuk)

Posted the names above! :)

Ichigo, where you at?

I think Holland is definitely the best place to get Indonesian food in Europe.

Though, being Indonesian myself, I still complain about the taste of the Indonesian food here. ;)

Come visit Indonesia and I'll let you know where to eat! :)

Posted the names above! :)

Ichigo, where you at?

I think Holland is definitely the best place to get Indonesian food in Europe.

Though, being Indonesian myself, I still complain about the taste of the Indonesian food here. ;)

Come visit Indonesia and I'll let you know where to eat! :)

Im in Toronto Canada right now. Our city is FULL of multiculture, however I haven't found many places dedicated to Indonesian cuisine. Perhaps I haven't looked thoroughly enough lol. I find that we're saturated with a lot of Cantonese/Mandarin eateries.

I'm down for a trip to indonesia though, wouldn't mind getting to know the culture and lifestyle down there. At the moment, I'm poor so no traveling for a while ahah.

1446572454_e3fc556173.jpg?v=0

I'm surprised dismal didnt bust out the yoshoku food

hayashi rice from Nakamuraya

I would've but I'm in the midst of a down phase with the youshoku. My girlfriend's curry rice is mad salty and her beef stew leans towards the French side of the house too much. Don't have the heart to tell her it's not how I dream of these fine dishes.

Been eatin a lot of katsu lately though.

wara2%203inab.jpg

your meal is great.

2373358-lahmajoun-1.jpg

155829524_ea11d59b65.jpg?v=0

You forgot these:

Kibbeh naye

73314530_ba5c5a719c.jpg

Mjaddarah

mjaddarah.jpg

Meat pies

IMG_0278.JPG