M.O.A

Introducing Tellason Denim

i would recommend you size down one... they are and stretch out a lot sanforized

Yeah, I went with a 30 and they were still a little loose on me in the waist (perfect in the legs though.) For reference, I wear a 32 on most true to size jeans (SDA, Ande Whall, etc.)

Bumping a pretty old thread...

I got a pair of these for a buddy who lives and teaches in Honduras. Saw him over the holidays and took a few stealth-photos:

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

I love in that last one that you can see the outline of the "legal" tab through the back pocket.

I also have a pair of these sitting in my closet waiting for the end of the SExDBxS09 contest. Anyone have any pics of how these are wearing?

Okay, honest-time. That one wasn't stealth. That one was posed.

We're close friends. Reeeeeeeally close.

Pulled out my Tellasons yesterday while the SExDBxS09 were drying.

The fit on these is kinda peculiar. Given how low the rise is, I'm always surprised by how not-super-skinny they are. A unique combo. I also had the waist taken in a bit.

IMG_0116.jpg

Shameless plug - Interest Check...

I have a size 29 brand new unworn Tellason's I may sell if anyone is interested. PM me.

IMG_0495.jpg

Life post SExDBxS09, breaking Tellason Strummers out of the closet.

Anyone broken some of these down yet?

I'm currently about a month into a pair of Mellors; they're currently out getting hemmed.

Some thoughts:

Loving the cut, except the rise is preeeetty low. I'm 5'7" and it's still dangerously low for me.

Interesting denim. I bought the Mellors because I wanted a pair of Cone jeans, and this denim had a more interesting raw texture than the various Japanese denims used for the Strummers that I saw. The strangest part about it is that I've had NO smurfing at all. Usually i end up with white shoetops, fingers, etc., but nothing here yet.

Overall, I'm digging them, though. I'll post some evo pictures eventually, probably.

Hm, and apparently they added 3/4" to the rise for the Mellors.

Also Strummers are Cone White Oak denim as well, like the Mellors. The Mellor denim is apparently much blacker than the Strummer denim (which are a pretty rich navy blue).

How about some fit pics and close-ups of the denim, mholmeslinde?

Hm, and apparently they added 3/4" to the rise for the Mellors.

Also Strummers are Cone White Oak denim as well, like the Mellors. The Mellor denim is apparently much blacker than the Strummer denim (which are a pretty rich navy blue).

How about some fit pics and close-ups of the denim, mholmeslinde?

sorry about the late reply - stuff's crazy lately.

The denim is muuuch blacker. Had the chance to compare it to their Kaihara and other Japanese denim Strummers, and it's pretty different.

I'll get some pics next time I can steal my roomie's DSLR.

The rise on the Strummers is LOWER?! Man, those must be pretty intense, because I'm 5'7" and this rise is LOW.

I have some sizes of their new denim left over if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

Still have 28, 30, 32 and 36.

Sort of a crosspost from Cone thread, but does anybody have any good info on the Cone White Oak denim from the Mellors? It's very interesting, but I can't find any specifics. I'll get some nice pics up one of these days...

Almost two months in, really liking them so far. Was very skeptical about the indigo-dyed threads used on back pockets and hem, but the they look pretty cool as they are aging.

dkatz is the last king of scotland

fit pics :

1tocjl.jpg

2i20rv7.jpg

John Graham Mellor by Tellason

fit pics :

John Graham Mellor by Tellason

Looks good. How are you liking them? I dig the denim, starting to look great a couple months in. Wish I had a decent cam to take pics...

IMG_0824.jpg

Hmm... something is missing...

How'd you manage that?

Also, these are coming up on wash number two, and really starting to look like jeans that have been worn for a couple months, so I will try to snag a camera and get some decent pics.

How'd you manage that?

No idea. I just looked down the other day and noticed it. I don't even use the coin pocket much...

On another note, my buddy who teachers in Honduras, for whom I bought a pair of Strummers, sent me pictures (and rights to show them to the internet). He's had these since Augustish, but I don't think he wears them most days (I think it's hotter there than even here):

TELL%20ASS%20ON%203.jpg

TELL%20ASS%20ON%202.jpg

TELL%20ASS%20ON%201.jpg

Those look good. Definitely a different denim than the Mellors.

Kind of regretting having them hemmed without chainstitching, but oh well, I wear them pinrolled anyway.

I'm getting my pair of Mellors in the mail tomorrow.

30 inch waist - ordered a size 29.

Will put up fit pics for sure.

I'm getting my pair of Mellors in the mail tomorrow.

30 inch waist - ordered a size 29.

Will put up fit pics for sure.

I'm the same - wearing 29s, and they are perfect. Waist stretches a bit as usual, but they're great in the thighs and below, so I am sure you will be great.

On another note: it's crotch reinforcement time! No stitching or structural damage, but fabric is wearing quite thin, but that's par for the course for me. I am definitely a destroyer of crotches.

This is quite a question to ask, but Dkatz, how is your crotch holding up?

^I'm only about a month in (and not biking anymore), so no problems yet