Favorite Pair of Shoes

holeinthewall

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

...didn't someone say we're not about labels here??? ;) they look like military boots you can buy at an army surplus for $13 imho.

but what do know!

--- Original message by mixedup on Jan 18, 2006 05:55 AM

Are you talking about me? I'm going to assume since I'm the one that posted the boots. I never said I wasn't about labels and I have no shame admitting I enjoy luxury brands (as well as low end). I don't know about you, but I've never seen an army boot like that. Maybe "close", but that's not good enough for me. Carpe diem is an amazing artisan brand. Sure you can get the look maybe with something at a surplus store..but I enjoy luxuries. It's like saying you can take the bus somewhere or walk, but I wouldn't mind pulling up in a ferrari or some shit like that.

Not to get so off topic, but I thought I'd share some info about the brand (for anyone else that might be interested) This is a scan from an article I pitched for Planet Magazine (which I assisted in finding information and shoot with the guys at Atelier men's store in NYC)

carpediem.jpg

fashion

CARPE DIEM

If Maurizio Altieri were a filmmaker instead of a fashion designer he might adopt the tenets of Lars von Trier's early Dogme films. Having launched the ultimate anti-fashion label, Carpe Diem, in Perugia, Italy in 1994, he essentially gave the finger to the fashion industry, and has been doing so ever since, while steadily winning fans amongst fashion's elite. It's a fine line, and a balancing act that Altieri manages with both grace and the irony of a seasoned provocateur. Since the launch of the leather-and-footwear focused Carpe Diem, Altieri has branched out, creating a handful of different lines that, together with Carpe Diem, he calls "Continues Collection". Obviously the fashion elite are not rushing out to buy your standard-issue leather pants. When we describe Carpe Diem as a leather line, we're talking about rare skins that are treated by artisans (some buried in Afghan deserts for six months and then treated with rubber coating), and laser-cut into modern shapes.

Sister line Linea includes softer materials with a slimmer cut; Linea pieces work off a modular 3x3 system: light/medium/heavy-white/grey/black - top/middle/bottom. L'Maltieri is Altieri's knit collection, and the label also offers two bespoke lines - Sartoria and Anatomica. Here's where the Dogme bit comes in - as part of their refulsal to play the fashion game, there are "rules" to selling Continues Colltion: all items in the line must be displayed on meat hooks (so no one forgets the label started as a leather house); no items may go on sale, although Barneys does occasionally break the rules; and the line cannot be shown for editorial exposure, though we occasionally break the rules, too. Seize the day. - Amy Westervelt.

im sooo down with my new all white jack purcells.

but i got this problem maybe this thread is a good place--> i like the way the white laces look, but not the way the knot looks at the top, theres no where to hide it under the tongue or anything. anyone got a solution to that? i thought maybe cut off the ends but they are like, all nice and metal tipped....

Guest Berget__
Quote:

im sooo down with my new all white jack purcells.

but i got this problem maybe this thread is a good place--> i like the way the white laces look, but not the way the knot looks at the top, theres no where to hide it under the tongue or anything. anyone got a solution to that? i thought maybe cut off the ends but they are like, all nice and metal tipped....

--- Original message by shagnscoob on Jan 18, 2006 11:08 PM

shoelaces are almost always laced from inside and then out. But i always lace the top hole from the outside...that way you can just stuff the lace down your shoe and it wont show.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Quote:

I don't really have a favorite pair of shoes but I REALLY want these puma clydes...

990052.jpg

Once I get some extra money they're mine!!

--- Original message by Handlethevibe on Jan 16, 2006 08:42 PM

they are beauties! any one know of any website or stores in the UK i can find these?

thanks in advance for any help

Quote:
Quote:

I don't really have a favorite pair of shoes but I REALLY want these puma clydes...

990052.jpg

Once I get some extra money they're mine!!

--- Original message by Handlethevibe on Jan 16, 2006 08:42 PM

they are beauties! any one know of any website or stores in the UK i can find these?

thanks in advance for any help

--- Original message by jimmyweave on Jan 25, 2006 04:43 AM

Go

http://www.vintagekicks.com

If you're size 9-9.5

• 1 year later...