What Were The Most Hyped Up Nikes?

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh most people on thsi board are not very open minded to the whole nike thin. well not counting the refugees that sort fo stowed away on the e-fashion titanic and showed up here in ST which most people regard as beign squaterers or how ever you spell that word. but i duno. dunks just arent mah thing

chwa?

Quote:

Black/Red Jordan XI

It's been nuts ever since.

--- Original message by eastcoastrider27 on Jan 15, 2006 09:06 PM

actually, it would be the cool grey 11s for the start of jordan hype/internet-posting-NT-beasting. all the retro js before that were easy to acquire.

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=5508

Yo I don't get this whole thing about Retro Js being hard to come by? Like people lining up for them I don't get. I don't think I can remember a single point where if I wanted a certain retro J that you couldn't find it easily in the stores around the time of the release. Even as recently as the altitude XIIIs, I still would come across them on the shelves at some spots right around the time of release. Not as many as any of the other XIIIs, but if somebody wanted them, all it took was some simple legwork to track down a pair considering how many stores have Jordan Accounts.

why are we still talking about dunks on this site. dunks are the exact opposite of what superfuture should represent. the dunk has become the epitome of hype. its not even about style anymore. its about buying everysingle dunk you could get your hands on. and in my opinion theres sooo many more shoes worthy of our recognition.

Quote:

why are we still talking about dunks on this site. dunks are the exact opposite of what superfuture should represent. the dunk has become the epitome of hype. its not even about style anymore. its about buying everysingle dunk you could get your hands on. and in my opinion theres sooo many more shoes worthy of our recognition.

--- Original message by red on Jan 17, 2006 12:02 AM

cry about it.

seriously, dissing dunks is so 2005.

Haha, The reason people are lining up for these Retro Jordan's is because only SOME...not ALL of the Colorway's are limited. Making them harder to come by. The Jordan's you guys see on the shelves are the one's with terrible, bland, or just completely wack colorways.

And dunks...well...you just gotta know where to find em'. icon_smile_wink.gif

Quote:

slight the wrong thread....um....any dunks....way too much hype

--- Original message by kixslf on Jan 16, 2006 11:40 AM

not really true, i think dunks are done for a bit. holding on to some big cash cows i managed to get, but for the most part, i'm getting rid of most of them.

maybe like the height was def over the summer....when the tiffs dropped.

things have really really died down recently

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

i lived in tokyo when the airmax 95 craze hit japan...

people with the OG airmax 95 (especially the neon green ones) were robbed on the streets and stuff

i forgot how much they were going for but i remember people paying >$2000...

Quote:

i lived in tokyo when the airmax 95 craze hit japan...

people with the OG airmax 95 (especially the neon green ones) were robbed on the streets and stuff

i forgot how much they were going for but i remember people paying >$2000...

--- Original message by herpsky on Jan 19, 2006 05:17 PM

japs do it better.

frankly i hate all of the air maxes. i think that style of shoe looks wretched with pants.