The History of Supreme, Once & For All

soundune

while we're on the KIDS subject, i have a question to ask. anyone know what is the cap Casper is wearing during the movie (baseball cap with NYC in white letter). i have heard that it was the cap of a new york baseball team back in the negro league, but when new era retroed those, that hat wasn't there. anyway, i've been looking for that cap (not seriously, but still) since the movie came out and be interested if anyone knew. and i really recomend that movie also.

Quote:

Quote: Larry Clark is a talented photographer and hit-and-miss director obsessed with underage sex and seeing boys shirtless, he's pretty disturbing sometimes but Kids is worth watching. Aside from his weird voyeuristic tendencies or maybe because of them Clark has been able to successfully capture the aimlessness and somewhat pathetic lack of substance and value system in today’s youth, which mirror his own experience growing up in Tulsa (it’s also the title of one of his photo books) in the 40s. While drugs and skate/street culture are usually part of his work I don’t think we can say the later is a central of even positive part of his work. “Kids†is definitely NOT about LES or street culture as the previous poster might lead you to believe….it’s more about the themes mentioned before and the prevalence of AIDS.

i agree with most of what u say about larry clark........and Kids is predominantly about AIDS and today's youth and although it is not solely about LES kids / street culture...it does take place in NYC with mostly NYC kids as actors and even more specifically around the LES / downtown area. Most of the movie takes place downtown from Washington Square park to Hell Park in Soho where they go swimming.........so while its not all about downtown NYC, the backdrop is a big part of the movie and feel of it......grittty and dirty........

his movies Bully and Ken Park (krap nek) were just ok...watchable, but not great....though the preview for "Wassup Rockers" looks pretty good...though I havent seen or heard anything aobut it in a long time....and don't know if it even came out...anyone know?

i think there is 2 ways to see that movie. i was like 14 or 15 when it came out and it quickly became one on my favorite movie. of course you cannot avoid the AIDS theme but there like you said, there's also a strong them about LES kids/skateboarding. up to this day, when i watch this movie, it mostly remind me of the good old time when i had nothing better to do than skate and party. of course the i see the AIDS theme more now but depending on your background, i think you will see this movie very diferently.

Quote: while we're on the KIDS subject, i have a question to ask. anyone know what is the cap Casper is wearing during the movie (baseball cap with NYC in white letter). i have heard that it was the cap of a new york baseball team back in the negro league, but when new era retroed those, that hat wasn't there. anyway, i've been looking for that cap (not seriously, but still) since the movie came out and be interested if anyone knew. and i really recomend that movie also.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that it is a New York Black Yankees baseball cap from the Negro League. Although, I am pretty sure that his hat is not a New Era fitted cap. I have a cap that is extremely similar to his, but mine is made by New Era. The font on mine is a little different and the button on the top of my cap is not white like the one Casper is wearing. This is one the I have:

negneybla59501935lg5af.gif

The kid with the most knoweldge

Will touch and attain top dollas

Quote:

weparty7659.jpg

pretty sure this is harold from kids. hes still in the scene.

check http://www.epiclylaterd.com/, thecobrasnake.com and lastnightsparty.com

for photodocumentary of the LA/NY streetwear/skate/hipster scene.

--- Original message by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Jan 19, 2006 12:22 PM

ya forgot to put the dubyas in:

http://www.thecobrasnake.com/

http://www.lastnightsparty.com/

should work when you click em now.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Jan 20, 2006 at 01:34 AM

Edited by MilSpex on Jan 20, 2006 at 01:35 AM

i remember meeting harold back in 96 in dc at a zoo york and capitol demo... he was repping kids hard.... wild motherfucker... lots of supreme too if i remember... harold was roking the dopest RRL belt, RRL silver buckle about 2"tall... i wanna find that shit now

denim is the new crack

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Jan 20, 2006 at 07:29 AM