Keeping the look of new dry denim

bitters

don't wash them or get them wet

when it comes time to clean them take them to the drycleaners. make sure they don't iron them or do anything with water, just a dryclean to get rid of some dirt.

try not to spill shit on them. just never wash them and don't dryclean them for a long time.

Aiyiyi...But dry cleaning will ruin that deerskin patch, won't it? I don't understand...I mean I do understand, I do understand, this thing about cleaning (or not) denim. But would you really want to wear something, anything, for eight months without a wash?? A gentle soaking with castille soap every couple months, or three even...what's wrong with that? At the end of the day, they're just denim.

I've owned my one-wash Rickson's since October. They were a bit baggy when new. No way I was going to wear them all dragging over the ground. As for cuffs, cuffing is cool, but not large engineer cuffs, which is what would've been my alternative. I wanted them to shrink down, so soak those suckers I did. Three times. The last time was just before Thanksgiving. And that deep indigo is holding up. As is the stiffness. It's just more flexible. I wear them alot. Maybe four, five times per week. Let me tell you, those bad boys will get a soaking at some point in the not-too-distant future. Plus I purchased last week a special Sugarcane cleaning kit from Ebay, and I want to see how that works, so when it arrives, those denims are headed for a friendly tub of cold water. Only this time there will be soap in the water. Well, maybe. Maybe a clean soak, sans soap, will suffice. Save the soap for when it's necessary. Comments?

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Jan 11, 2006 at 06:56 PM

just don't wear them everyday

if you wear them once every two weeks or so, I severly doubt they will wear out fast

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

seriously what kind of responses do you expect when you ask how to keep something considered "workwear" looking new? if you don't want them to wear then don't wear them....it's pretty simple and as far as i can tell that is the only way to keep denim looking new. remember when you got your first new car and you wanted to keep that looking new but you realized two weeks after buying it when you got your first scratch that it was pointless and it's a car and it's made to be driven....it's similar to that.