mechanical pencil

The Moccasin Thread

I hear you man, i'd been thinking about the boots or the 2 eye mocs. The Quddoy bluchers are nice too though. I need a magic 8-ball, some tea leaves, and chicken bones or some shit to figure it out.

I like the ring boots too JKISSI, not sure whether to go Quoddy or Arrow though. Here is a fit pic from SF member Bastorizer (I don't much like them in this pic):

10252008009ur6.jpg

Anyone know of anyone that does custom mocs? I have an idea but I don't know if I have enough skill or time to make them myself. I think i'll call Quoddy or Arrow tomorrow.

I have kind of a hard time getting an image of what the Arrow Trail boot looks like in the back. I think as of right now I'm leaning towards the lace boot.

Yeah the double ring ones there dont look too good lol , butI think they will look better on someone else lol

Are those the quoddy ring boot? They look way different. I was thinking about copping a pair.

Also, who else has always wanted those Blue Quoddy Blucher's at South Willard. I'm wondering what other colors quoddy is willing to make on special order...

those are arrow ring boots didn't like the leather sole vs crepe before but the fact that they can be resoled changed my mind

I did dig those blue bluchers, they also do a burgundy or any colour you see on their site and you can choose from a range of laces and hardware according to kirsten shorey who handles orders

but they seem to get less responsive as each day passes I gave up on trying to get a custom order

Ooooh, burgundy would be very nice. I've noticed that they're less responsive. Maybe it's a good thing though that they raised the prices. As they blow up, I'd hate to see bro's in quoddys. I know what sounds very snobby. Perhaps it's because... I AM!

I have a pair of the Arrow 2 Eye Tie Mocs coming, basically the low version of those sweet Lace boots seafinch has. I'll post pics when I get em

Just pulled the trigger on the arrow bush boots (I filled in the order form on their website, that is). Are there any customization options ? like choice of leather color ??

^^^

They'll call you to get payment and then you can ask them. That's when I asked them to put the crepe sole on mine.

What are your plans for the soles?

I think I'll get the double leather soles... I really wish the crepe soles were resoleable, but it sucks that they aren't.

Just pulled the trigger on the arrow bush boots (I filled in the order form on their website, that is). Are there any customization options ? like choice of leather color ??

Yeah! I've been so curious about those. They're the ones that lace up the back, right? Please post pics when you get 'em...

Yeah! I've been so curious about those. They're the ones that lace up the back, right? Please post pics when you get 'em...

I guess you are talking about the trail boots...

http://www.arrowmoc.com/3.html

I am actually getting these

http://www.arrowmoc.com/7.html

Also, I've been thinking of requesting them to make a dual tone boot, with a light brown shaft and natural toe and sole... What do you guys think ?

Just pulled the trigger on the arrow bush boots

7w.jpg

Holy shit dude. Will +rep if you pull off a look with those beasts!

7w.jpg

Holy shit dude. Will +rep if you pull off a look with those beasts!

How does Conan the Barbarian feel about your jacking of his boots?

I don't think he'd mind. I plan to wear these with fur shorts, and imitation is the best form of flattery.

xposted from a few places....but approriate here nonetheless

My new Russell's have arrived! Been anxiously waiting for these.... They are the fleece lined knockabout, customized in dark brown Chromexcel leather, with an added instep strap, on a cushion crepe sole. They are fully fleece lined, like ugg boots, but look like regular russell engineer boots from the outside. They almost feel like cheating, they look and feel so good...

photo-156.jpg

photo-158.jpg

photo-157.jpg

^^amazing boots, but when will you wear fleece lined boots in LA?!

They're surprisingly comfy as 3-season footwear. The reason surfers in Australia like their sheepskin boots year round is that, like wool, sheepskin allows your feet to self-regulate their temperature really well. The idea is that the sheepskin's natural wicking properties keeps your feet dry, and all the air that circulates around inside the shoe serves as insulation; keeping you cool in summer, but warm in winter..... Or so says your typical Ugg marketing exec.....

I also have nerve damage in my feet that make them a little fussy when it comes to footwear.... These are just obnoxiously easy to wear.

Got a phone call from Arrow today afternoon. Unfortunately, they didn't agree to make a dual tone boot for me. That and Bill's boots convinced me to get boots from Russell Mocs instead. I changed my order to the canoe mocs

2.jpg

Shamless plug:

Quoddy ring boots for sale in my sig...

my gf is kinda a cwg and will definitely attest to the fact that uggs get nasty after one season. don't believe the hype.

my gf is kinda a cwg and will definitely attest to the fact that uggs get nasty after one season. don't believe the hype.

And that season is long gone! :D

^it would be nice to believe that but too bad i can't. girls wear that shit all year round. :( and some boys.