dope shops sans attitude

ragahama

what shops can i give my money to without having to deal with bitter staff that don't give a shit.

are they all under paid that they dislike people that actually shop in their store? anyways, i just

moved to nyc from yokohama, japan and is familiar with most of the obvious shops.

do not want to go to tourist traps like supreme etc. i like a wide range of brand and live in LES.

let me know of some spots that are chill including the staff. thanks in advance.

yo, ragahama! i am stoked on reed space for magazines and tees and friendly staff.

star music for supporting oldschool feel cd shop. no frills and cool old dude.

def checkout SugarHead Quarters they are mad chill and informed about whats up in nyc.

they carry sick independent brands and let you read their massappeal without them giving you attitude.

they are my home girlz! my crib is in les so i try to hit these spots frequently.

if chill and 'tude free is your steez then these spots rule!

Yeah, Famous Friends and Odin are great suggestions. I was dressed like a herb when I shopped at Famous Friends and I still got amazing service ... can't say the same for looking like a herb and going to Supreme or even DQM.

Other then that ... 45 RPM, Chrome Hearts, Steve Alan, Sean, and Opening Ceremony

Second (Third? Fourth?) Famous Friends and Odin. Richard of FF is amazingly nice and knowledgeable about denim. Also loved Opening Ceremony. Check out Atelier if you're into mor advant garde designers...

I don't have any recomendations that weren't already given but I just wanted to name one to stay AWAY from. The BAPE store has the rudest people in the planet. With their prices you'd think they could pay the employees to be nice. In my opinion the more people flock a store the nastier the staff becomes. I do understand though. IMAGINE: Working in a store where people drop the amount of money you make in a week on a hoodie. I guess that would make anybody bitter. Thats why people at the vuitton, gucci stores are always smiling(they get paid good)

Guest Fade to Black

yeah the staff in the Bape store don't seem too friendly...i dunno if it's out of that bitterness reason like you said or just because they're putting up a front to maintain some sort of "exclusive" image or whatever...

45 RPM has really friendly staff, and like mentioned above Jeffrey has really courteous staff, even though I usually don't find anything I want there.

Back in Hong Kong, I find that Y's Yohji Yamamoto and Joyce Boutique (the Central and Tsim Sha Tsui branches...i don't really like the Pacific Place branch for some reason, oh well who cares that's the smallest one anyway) have pretty good and friendly service.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Second (Third? Fourth?) Famous Friends and Odin. Richard of FF is amazingly nice and knowledgeable about denim. Also loved Opening Ceremony. Check out Atelier if you're into mor advant garde designers...

--- Original message by djrajio on Jan 6, 2006 05:55 PM

Atelier as a store is pretty chill but for some reason I get the vibes that the guys there start getting annoyed if you try on too much stuff.

Wil at NDG is mad friendly (oxymoron?), and the Alife guys are cool as long as you're not a D-bag.

To whomever said that Stackhouse was good: First of all that place is whack. Second, I was walking by and saw a Krink poster through the window, so I decided to ask if it was for sale. The clerk had little idea what I was talking about, and couldn't move on to something 'more important' soon enough.

Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado

Thanx everyone for the recommendations. i checked out a few places over the weekend.

since i live in the LES i started with Reed Space(so nice), Sugarhead Quarters(amazing service and selection)

Alife(okay at best).then to Nort/Recon(nice, good selection but really busy) and barneys coop(too department store).

famous friend and Odin seemed alittle metro sexual but nice workers. not my style .

i like more street wear and skate style. opening ceremony(great space but.....).

needless to say , my wallet is alot lighter but i am happy to have found some new places. i can't wait to go to

a few other spots and become a regular at some of these shops.

please keep me posted on more spots. now i am guaranteed never to have money in NYC!

looking forward to new post.

Quote:

classickicks is my favorite store in NY as far as atmosphere and everything go. i dont mind rude salespeople, since working retail is a grind. but classic kicks is awesome...

--- Original message by telluride11 on Jan 10, 2006 05:27 PM

Working retail might be a grind, but it's also a choice.

Noone put a gun to their head and told them to work in the store.

• 2 weeks later...

i just went to alife, which is in my neighborhood to purchase some new kicks.

their rudeness made me take my money else where(NORT/RECON!). i just don't

understand why they want to give attitude to the people that are feeding them.

i don't want to complain like a bitch but maybe they really need to

rethink their staff. never going back. wanted to find something positive to

say but couldn't.

i just went to alife, which is in my neighborhood to purchase some new kicks.

their rudeness made me take my money else where(NORT/RECON!). i just don't

understand why they want to give attitude to the people that are feeding them.

i don't want to complain like a bitch but maybe they really need to

rethink their staff. never going back. wanted to find something positive to

say but couldn't.