Balmain Homme FW 09.10

beberthur

The women's pants on Colette were like $2000 or something crazy.

balmain is wildly overpriced. luisaviaroma has a pair of 100% cotton denim jeans with metal pyramid studs (embellishing an ankh on the thigh, and a skull and several paislies on one leg) for 6,500 euro!

yeah, that's $8,591.

• 4 months later...
did this hideous shit really need to be revived?

I like this look (except for the brooch which makes the geometrical aspects go from heavy to redundant):

balmain.jpg

The only girls I see wearing Balmain are Vogue editors and middle-aged asian women though :( Can you believe how hot it would be to remove those €5K pants from a chick. You know she can pay for all your frute swagz needs.

• 1 month later...

Well during Sydney fashion week. Christophe Decarnin was the most copied designer, everyone wanted a piece of "Balmain". From buyers and editors wearing the jackets, To labels that pretty much mimicked the inspiration and steez of it all.

But i have to say when it was first done it was done well.

Maybe i'm just bias cause i dont really like Decarnin. And its some fucken over priced stuff!

Well during Sydney fashion week. Christophe Decarnin was the most copied designer, everyone wanted a piece of "Balmain". From buyers and editors wearing the jackets, To labels that pretty much mimicked the inspiration and steez of it all.

But i have to say when it was first done it was done well.

Maybe i'm just bias cause i dont really like Decarnin. And its some fucken over priced stuff!

You mean in the 80s when Versace was all up in that glitter and embellishment shit or you mean when Balmain started doing that? I think it's mainly hype but I do appreciate some of the looks.

• 4 weeks later...