Ann Demeulemeester Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

inaya

I'm not sure where we're getting subdued from - admittedly the color palette is earthy but no matter which way you cut it that layering and those jackets are not "subdued" by any means. I see the reference Toto is making all too clearly - this doesn't even feel like a modern interpretation to me hardly aside from a few pieces. It just looks straight-up vintage. Like a really expensive costume you'd wear to a comics convention.

This stuff kind of looks like it's for dorks.

x80137104335770884.jpg

thanks inaya,

seriously good collection...i love the trousers tucked into boots military-esque look & this does remind me of number (n)ine a bit with that in mind.

the over-sized knit coats are just a must!

A more structured collection this time for the men from ann; i love the chained broaches on the blazer jackets...the black rose embellishment is also damn hot.

The first Ann dem collection i could see myself wearing for some seasons now...

Exactly, this is a somewhat important departure: tighter waist often accentuated by cummerbunds and belts, overall slimmer silhouette, cleaner with less layering, combination of brown and black.

People that say it's the same as ever just don't know her back catalogue and should educate themselves a little before spouting off.

People that say it's the same as ever just don't know her back catalogue and should educate themselves a little before spouting off.

Well these are the same people that buy into hype fairly easily and look like shit no matter how expensive their jawns are. Can you blame them?

the traditional demeulemeester motifs are all still there: elongated proportions (especially tops), layers, embellishment, monochrome and earth-tone palette, slouchy/draping construction, asymmetry, lux fabrics, capital r romance and capital g gothic and general dandyism

i mean, it's not a bad thing, but ever since ss06 the way she puts clothes on the models and on the runway have the same overall vibe