Supreme 2009 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe that they sold out of the glasses. Complete disbelief. Would have expected them to at least make it to the end of the season.

i'm not surprised - it didn't seem like the kind of thing they'd make a lot of. plus depending on how "handcrafted" they are it would make sense that they wouldn't realize that much of an economy of scale or require a massive minimum order.

unless you're saying you can't believe anybody would actually want them, in which case...

Had to look up the def of economy of scale.

Yeah, I just assumed they made a lot of them and figured that "handcrafted" and "Japan" were just buzz words and these were actually just regular cheapo glasses with a high mark up.

They look cool enough. I can see why people would want to wear, just figured the demand wouldn't be all that high and again, assumed that they made a decent amount.

Handcrafted in Japan doesn't mean a whole lot - a lot of brands have their glasses made that way. If they worked with a factory to have these made on their own they're making a lot off of these - I used to work with factories in Japan and HK to get glasses made for my job and its pretty depressing how little the glasses really cost. They may have worked with an agent in Japan as a middle-man, though, and then they'd make less.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with them. The only thing impressive about them is that they had them hand made out of acetate. They used mediocre lenses instead of polarized and didn't even do something interesting with the logo (an inlaid plaque, for instance) and just screened it instead.

from the pics the logo on the arms doesn't look screened at all: in fact it looks like an inlaid plaque?

After looking at close-up pictures you're right it isn't screened. However, that isn't an inlaid plaque either. It looks like its just the logo inset in the temple with a few layers of clear acetate over top and then left uncovered by the final coloring (and not very cleanly either) judging by this picture : supremeshadeslocred3.jpg

After looking at close-up pictures you're right it isn't screened. However, that isn't an inlaid plaque either. It looks like its just the logo inset in the temple with a few layers of clear acetate over top and then left uncovered by the final coloring (and not very cleanly either) judging by this picture : supremeshadeslocred3.jpg

ughh that looks soooo terrible. nice $138 worth of quality. so bummed.

Shoes are crap, the tees are quite nice as is the snap back.

I'm tempted to cop a few bits even though I know nothing about Mclaren..

Just cause I like them, ya dig?

you from the uk and don't know about this gent?

I know nothing about Mclaren..

one of the most influential hip-hop songs of all time

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

7b1zKyVeKgk

damn so many samples used in that song that are STILL referenced...

"To much of that snow white"