drkshdw x eastpak

trees

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-4.jpg

After Raf Simons, Rick Ownes is the next high profile design to start working with Eastpak on a bag collection. The line stays very much in the beige and khaki tones in a hemp like material. Of course each piece features the collaboration logo tag. Bags in all sizes and for all purposes are available and they even made a jacket to completement the line.

Excuse the bag images, but unfortunately the product was all behind glass. Nevertheless, do not miss a detailed look at the upcoming Eastpak x Raf Simons “Dark Shadow†collection after the jump.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/2009/01/21/bread-butter-winter-2009-eastpak-x-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection/#more-25613

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-1.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-2.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-3.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-5.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-6.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-7.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-8.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without looking at the designs, I'd say a ROxEastpak sounded a lot more interesting than Raf, but this collection isn't quite what I had in mind.

Definitely need to see the packs worn and in good light to make a real decision about it.

That funnel neck windbreaker might be alright if the material isn't as ugly as it looks in these pictures.

this looks much better than the recent raf abominations. whats th

still, too much focus on logos and too little focus on interesting design

I don't know, I see a lot of tasteful restraint here:

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-3.jpg

eastpak-rick-owens-dark-shadow-collection-5.jpg

That backpack is pretty much perfect for my tastes, and I don't like drkshdw at all. It looks like it's made from a more rugged material that will dirty-up well, especially as it ages with wear and the fabric loosens up.

yo dont steal this rick owens but i got an idea for an article of clothing you take a shirt or a bag or even some pants and you just put like exactly about 500 straps on it and thats mad drkshdw but dont steal this idea cause im about to patent it on some hood rich shit feel me

drkshdw concept

im waiting for julius and jansport that shit is gonna be illlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

these bags look cheap as fuck and not to mention plain. capitalizing on ro's name...

shut the fuck up. how can you even tell that they look cheap? it's a shitty picture under some horrible light.

i don't think they are that plain and i'm not sure if you've seen any drkshdw but most of it looks plain with subtle details. this is not in anyway ro mainline, it's a collaboration with a backpack company. some of the muppets here have to chill the fuck out.

(the arm/wrist wallet could be cool, as sort of "broken arm brace")

shut the fuck up. how can you even tell that they look cheap? it's a shitty picture under some horrible light.

i don't think they are that plain and i'm not sure if you've seen any drkshdw but most of it looks plain with subtle details. this is not in anyway ro mainline, it's a collaboration with a backpack company. some of the muppets here have to chill the fuck out.

didnt you know, most of sufu was down with rick when he was making fakes and doing drugs/dudes in LA!

I'll be interested to see what comes out in the way of photos / editorials and whatnot for this collection. I've always liked the advertising for these collaborations.

is there another "secret" website for it, like the raf one

im obviously judging the quality based on the pictures...

and i meant plain by the colour choices, its not drkshdw-esque to me...wrong word choice on my part...

sorry if this offends you, but its just my personal opinion.

This is also the reason why there is nothing wrong with Black Scissors...

I made a strong enough argument against black scissors yesterday

why not just put the money towards the jacket you actually want. Supporting Black Scissors is supporting Kodiak

edit: but yeah, funny how rick's designs are getting ripped off, when that's how he got his start...

i don't like this. looks too much like army surplus or shit you would find at urban outfitters. the drkshdw logo looks tacky. at least raf/eastpak had his triangle logo thing he designed a few years ago. those chacletas he showed for ss 08 matched the backpacks, so it was kinda cohesive

I'm gonna have to go out on a limb here..

These look seriously terrible.

I really have to see these in person to see what's going on, but honestly.. from those photos, smear doodoo flies.