RRDS - 5.5 months & washed

gunpwdr

So... I washed my RRDS a couple of weeks ago at the tender age of 5.5 months. I've pretty much worn them every day under all conditions... at work, shoveling the driveway, mostly playing with my son.

I washed them at the highest heat setting with some Tide High-Efficiency detergent. The jeans are a 30x34 and were tight to the point of being uncomfortable when I first got them. They definitely stretched out... to about a 31.5. The wash brought it back down to about a 30.5 and now I'd say they've settled in at 31. They'll probably stretch out some more, but I haven't worn them as much since starting on a pair of Svenskas I got for Christmas.

Here are some pics:

Before

a>rrds_prewash-03.jpg

rrds_prewash-04.jpg

After

rrds_postwash-04.jpg

rrds_postwash-05.jpg

A more detailed pictorial account can be viewed here:

http://www.nikuman.com/images/nudie/

Overall I'd have to say I'm definitely pleased with the results. I need to hem them and will probably wash them again in a few months, after putting them through more modest wear.

The Svenskas I got were a size up and are definitely looser right off the bat... but they're supposed to shrink, so we'll see what happens.

Edited by gunpwdr on Dec 30, 2005 at 08:00 AM

Not sure why, but a URL tag is getting shoved in the IMG ref of the first pic.

Edited by gunpwdr on Dec 30, 2005 at 08:01 AM

They look really nice :)

BTW, this is probably a newb question. But with the Svenska's, what's with all of the different colored lines in the denim. I noticed something similar on some Rag & Bone's I looked at the other day.

PG2G,

I can't speak to the process that produces the streaky look of the Svenskas, but I do know that they are Italian selvage vs the Japanese selvage used on the RRDS & SSDS. I had seen one other user pic of Svenskas before ordering these over the phone, and they looked just as streaky. I think they were on www.mynudies.com.

I was kind of put off by it at first... but I'm really curious to see how it'll look after some serious wear.

Geowu, thanks for the compliment.

gunpwdr,

those look fantastic, way to go.

just what i needed, some more inspiration to keep my rrds project going.

did you do alot of hand rubbing? i unfortunatley probably won't get as nice creases higher up on the leg, mine fit well to begin with, but have since stretched out to about 1.5inches too big.

nairb49

Quote:

are those the limited edition svens? i really wanna get a pair of dry svens....

--- Original message by kixslf on Dec 30, 2005 03:49 PM

Yeah... they are. This is my 4th pair of dry jeans, so I'm thinking my next pair will be washed and probably black. I've tried the SS black blue and they fit perfect, with the cut being a nice, slim straight. Not as slim as New Standards or DH, but just a hair looser. I would have gotten the SSDS if I hadn't tracked down these Svenskas.