levis 505

cheapmuthafukr

did levis use selvege denim on thier 505 series at the same time they used it in the 501? i just picked up a pair that look pretty old; ringxring denim, VERY thick (at least 14oz), red tab, red small 505 in a different font than the rest of the tag, w & l in black ink. just wondering when they were made. color is a little washed out, but very grainy, beautiful.

Quote:

when did u get it~~i m looking for a vintage 505 too~but hard

--- Original message by cicitony on Dec 9, 2005 10:34 PM

got them last week at the thrift store. i actually just found a beautiful pair of orange tab 505 with the old talon 42 zipper there too. i also have a connection that i can get vintage levis from. let me know what yopu wnat and ill see what i can do for you.

Quote:

did levis use selvege denim on thier 505 series at the same time they used it in the 501? i just picked up a pair that look pretty old; ringxring denim, VERY thick (at least 14oz), red tab, red small 505 in a different font than the rest of the tag, w & l in black ink. just wondering when they were made. color is a little washed out, but very grainy, beautiful.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Dec 7, 2005 07:51 AM

Yes the selvage 505s go as far back as the Sixties. What is the number at the back of the first button (is there a five or an eight)? Single stitches, and red selvage. Possibly yellow stitching on the top of the back pocket. Also Talon zipper.

Edited by Lex2 on Dec 12, 2005 at 07:41 AM