SUPREME and AF1s in Japan

rakis

An office colleague is off to Tokyo in a couple of days and I was wondering if it will be at all possible to ask him to pick up a SUPREME boxlogo sweater for me.

Anybody in Tokyo at the moment who can advise whether it will be worth asking him to make a trip to the store?

Also, how easy will it be to find shoes in US13 over there. I really like a BAPE x KAWS sneaker but wonder about getting such a big size. Also, I believe that some Nike AF1s are Japan only exclusives and would be grateful for the heads up on particular stores (if any).

He used to be in Japan for about 5 years and lived down the road from the BAPE store so although he is not into it, he'll be able to find the stores.

Quote:

An office colleague is off to Tokyo in a couple of days and I was wondering if it will be at all possible to ask him to pick up a SUPREME boxlogo sweater for me.

Anybody in Tokyo at the moment who can advise whether it will be worth asking him to make a trip to the store?

Also, how easy will it be to find shoes in US13 over there. I really like a BAPE x KAWS sneaker but wonder about getting such a big size. Also, I believe that some Nike AF1s are Japan only exclusives and would be grateful for the heads up on particular stores (if any).

He used to be in Japan for about 5 years and lived down the road from the BAPE store so although he is not into it, he'll be able to find the stores.

--- Original message by rakis on Dec 6, 2005 04:09 AM

a) You're about as likely to find size 13s in Japans as you are finding mediums in a Dr. Jays. Ain't happening!

b)Kaws Bapestas came and went many months ago. Even in Japan where the Bape fad is long dead, I doubt they're still sitting on the shelves of a BSW (let alone in a size 13). They're probably up on ebay tormenting a 14 year old and his mom up in brownsville.

Hah. Pal cracks me up.

But seriously, if you find US13s here in Tokyo, please tell me! You'll make a lot of my US clients very very happy. The Kaws Bapestas are all sold out but Busy Works has a habit of reissuing series without telling anyone, so you might be in luck when you venture out. Be warned, I was there last week and the line was a block long and clearly people had been waiting for a while. But come on bro, there are tons of great other brands in Tokyo! Do yourself a favor and tell your friend to hit up Visim or Madfoot at least!

I really like the Visvisms as well but Visvism only go up to US12 as they said it was too expensive to make another mould in size 13 for their shoes. It is something that they are mulling upon especially if they want to penetrate the US market.

On the BAPE x KAWS, my Japanese colleague actually called Busyworkshop and they confirmed that they did indeed make them up to US13. It was sold out but they said that they would be restocking so it would be a question of luck.

I am fully aware of size restrictions in Japan and Asia for that matter (since I lived out there for about 20 years). Can't help the genes, but if they are Japanese exclusives, then they could possibly be made up to US13. The recent auction of the Fenom AF1s were made in US13 and the information on the site indicated that a wider release would go all the way up to US13.

My questions were not random but specific.