Julius S/S 2009 & MA S/S 2009

djrajio

The S/S 2009 item lookbook is out. Same shit. Like the fact they brought back the silver dogtags and the gladiator sandals.

http://www.geocities.jp/vibe_nagano/2009ss/2009ss.htm

http://www.geocities.jp/vibe_nagano/2009ss_show_paris/2009ss_show_paris.htm

img0023.jpg

img0211.jpg

Julius also decided to branch their MA line into a separate label. Like this label a lot more. Sleeker, cleaner, more modern.

http://www.ma-garden.jp/

http://www.geocities.jp/vibe_nagano/ma_2009_ss/ma_2009_ss.htm

img0000.jpg

img0001.jpg

img0036.jpg

img0044.jpg

img0050.jpg

ive always found julius sizing to be pretty close to american sizing. they are even sized bigger from their older collections.

i like this for a goth summer look.

img0033_t.jpg

the shorts/legging combo the model is wearing is pretty cool, but im looking forward to seeing those sweat pants up close. hopefully they are thick enough to not look like a pair of undergarments.

ive always found julius sizing to be pretty close to american sizing. they are even sized bigger from their older collections.

prior to this season their biggest size was 3, which barely fit an eu48 or slim Medium, so I wouldn't say its very american. this season is slightly bigger, but maybe half a size. the additional sizes they put out now of course change this a bit, but they are very limited.

cant believe how much shit they rehashed for s/s, imo way more than between earlier collections. same prints, same cuts, same accessories.. 90% is exactly the same with a few new cuts here and there.

hmm maybe im dropping weight more rapidly than i thought. my last 2 julius purchases was a sz 1 and 2, and both were a tad too big on me. im a 36US...well i think i still am anyway.

i wish they re-made the shit they made from older seasons, like thieves, untitled and earlier shit in 02 and 03. there are so many items i want to get from those seasons which are impossible to find.

cant believe how much shit they rehashed for s/s, imo way more than between earlier collections. same prints, same cuts, same accessories.. 90% is exactly the same with a few new cuts here and there.

agree... it's getting tired. there are plenty of designers with a distinct style who keep it real but provide enough progression, design wise, each season, to keep it interesting. julius isn't one of those brands, though and they're slipping, subsequently.

they seriously need to hire some starving american who got fired from nova

to re-do the engrish labels on their items.

i have a really cool julius cashmere scarf / stole but it's got this lame-ass engrish line "this is anti-establishment movement. blah - some gibberish that makes no sense"

they seriously need to hire some starving american who got fired from nova

to re-do the engrish labels on their items.

i have a really cool julius cashmere scarf / stole but it's got this lame-ass engrish line "this is anti-establishment movement. blah - some gibberish that makes no sense"

A certain bald person actually wrote up that statement. The designer writes all of the statements in Japanese but uses incredibly archaic and impossible to translate vocabulary. He sent it over to be translated and the English was translated over incredibly quickly without any proof reading, not thinking it was actually anything important. Then the silly tag showed up on all the garments and surprise...

I wrote this on another forum..

"Not a huge departure from the past few seasons, but I do love it. It is really a whole lot less industrial/military than the past couple collections which is really good for me. The general styling looks a bit cleaner than the current ss08 collection and the footwear seems to be back the cleaner basics, which I was really missing[....]

This is may be the only runway show we will see from Julius. The general aesthetic is an old one with us who spend our days reading fashion forums and researching these minor brands, but the brand is still very unknown to the general populace. This show was supposed to be their official introduction into the fashion world to say "here we are." Aside for the lack of extreme layering and draping, it does a great job at establishing their look and appealing to those who are going to be into it but who might not be familiar yet with the brand. I've already heard a few things about the fw09 collection and how the image differs and with this collection I can already see the slow changing towards it. It is a bit more elegant, a bit less industrial, and hopefully by next time we should really be surprised. Julius just seems to love to slowwwwllllyyy shift their look which can get a bit repetitive if you're not looking at the entire picture."

any idea on pricepoints for the MA line? in general but if you know for the ties and whatnot would be interested..

also for the julius line... price points for the polos and shorts? Just rough estimates based on past seasons even. Hope not all the jackets are leather (cant tell that well with photos) because some of the ones in the cement colour look cool.

Dont think its anything groundbreaking but I think its a pretty refined collection and i could see my self wearing a fair amount... the blood colour is awesome also.

Hey, I'm one of the bigger YURIUS _7 apologists on here and even I find this tough to defend.

It's not that the aesthetic isn't evolving quickly enough, it's the fact that more than half the pieces in the collection are either straight re-releases or basically minor tweaks of a previous design. And of course I've never been happy with the way they've been gradually bumping up the sizing every year.

On the other hand I am kind of stoked for the MA line.

how the shit can basics be lame though? A t-shirt is lame? A knit is lame? A well-cut grey blazer is lame? I mean if your talkin like the strap shirts, less is more shirt then maybe.

not saying id definetly get much of it, but for me a t-shirt is basically outerwear come summertime so its tempting to get quality ones.

I like this collection a lot, any idea on price tags on the following pieces? Couldn't find anything online yet, coming across 500$ soon and want to kop one of these

this is s/s 2009, so its not available yet. those l/s tops will be about 34,000Â¥.

any idea on pricepoints for the MA line? in general but if you know for the ties and whatnot would be interested..

also for the julius line... price points for the polos and shorts? Just rough estimates based on past seasons even.

MA is pretty much in the same price level as the main line. 20,000Â¥ for button ups, 13,000Â¥ for ties, blazers are the same as mainline ones as well, 80,000Â¥.

so basics can be lame? a t-shirt can be lame? yeh maybe if it says like "vegetarianism is for homos" but a plain white t-shirt as an object lame? not talking about price or anything but just as an object?

well maybe you wear honey and used condoms as clothing layers but t-shirts are pretty essential basics and cant see how it could be lame.