Cloak F/W 04.05

inaya

so much better than Geller IMO. and poor plokhov is doomed to a life of convincing donatella that everything doesn't have to be yellow or bedazzled.
I agree, Cloak shits on Geller big time.

I agree that Cloak is superior to what Geller is churning out the past few seasons, but don't shit on Geller...

Geller had a lot of input on this collection...more than we'll ever really know...and probably more than Plokhov himself

btw Isn't that Geller standing next to Plokhov? Why else would Alexander bring him out unless he was the true genius behind this collection....Cloak had a completely different vibe pre-Geller....i think it was Geller that gave the label a presence and deserve more of the credit....

I agree that Cloak is superior to what Geller is churning out the past few seasons, but don't shit on Geller...

Geller had a lot of input on this collection...more than we'll ever really know...and probably more than Plokhov himself

btw Isn't that Geller standing next to Plokhov? Why else would Alexander bring him out unless he was the true genius behind this collection....Cloak had a completely different vibe pre-Geller....i think it was Geller that gave the label a presence and deserve more of the credit....

what we meant was geller for cloak shits on geller for geller...

Geller had nothing to do with this collection. I work with someone who was Plohkovs right hand man for the entire cloak cannon, who explained this to me when I romanced this collection to him, and brought up Geller.

And by the way, I don't hate Geller... I think he is great. Just give Alexander credit where credit is due.

Geller had nothing to do with this collection. I work with someone who was Plohkovs right hand man for the entire cloak cannon, who explained this to me when I romanced this collection to him, and brought up Geller.

And by the way, I don't hate Geller... I think he is great. Just give Alexander credit where credit is due.

It was a 50/50 partnership. The fact that you think Geller had nothing to do with this collection by citing an anonymous source is silly. Stop spreading b.s.

cloakFreshFaces01.jpg

Cloak 2002

Take a look at Cloak before Geller (above) and Cloak during Geller. Then take a look at Geller during his womenswear line Harald, Geller Mens now. It's unmistakable that the aesthetic revamp should be contributed to Geller. Plokhov had the amazing technical patternmaking skills to do more of the complicated pieces.

Geller was with Cloak until after this collection. considering they pretty much did everything together with Alexandre, this statement is pretty sketchy. Geller himself said that they were both designing together, but he had a big part on not only the image of the whole label, but also the overall look, colours, silhouette etc.

Geller had nothing to do with this collection. I work with someone who was Plohkovs right-hand man for the entire cloak cannon, who explained this to me when I romanced this collection to him, and brought up Geller.

Of course this guy would would claim Plohkov is responsible for this collection...he was his right hand man (allegedly) and would therefore be loyal to Alexandre...not Geller (like a Smithers/Mr.Burns concept)

And there's no way your friend was with Alexandre at every waking moment to confirm this. They could have been working on this collection at Plohkov's house...or discussing the direction of this line at some moody lounge.

The point is, this source of yours is fragmentary at best.

edit: btw I don't favour one of the other either..they are both great...but they are better together...like alcohol and cigarettes......and I think we can both agree on that.