Authentic Combat Boots

ghettosalazar

As far as authentic, military-issue combat boots go, what do you think are the best (aesthetically, of course)? I am not talking about stuff like Rick Owens and Number (N)ine, but things like Corcoran and military surplus.

For an example of the look I'm talking about, check out April 77's newest collection. kinda grunge, if you feel me

You might want to check out http://rangerjoes.com/

Might be some other options to consider. I'm military, and personally, I prefer Corcoran for their aesthetics. If you're looking for more of a functional boot, there are other boots with gore-tex lining if you're going to be in the snow. It'll really help keep your feet from freezing.

I really like these supposed new old stock WW2 boots I got from someone on here.

P1050704.jpg

I'm still not sure if they are actually WW2 or some kind of repros, they look different from any pair I have seen pictures of. But they are super comfortable and very good all weather boots, although definitely different from the regular black, lace all the way up style.

I also like the Rick Owens Boots.

there's a stamp that's pretty illegible on the tongue, and an imprint on the insole that looks like it may say Toffart Lillers, but it's pretty hard to make out.

I've seen similar boots on ebay and other places, but none exactly like these.

I really like these supposed new old stock WW2 boots I got from someone on here.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/Killweather/P1050704.jpg

I'm still not sure if they are actually WW2 or some kind of repros, they look different from any pair I have seen pictures of. But they are super comfortable and very good all weather boots, although definitely different from the regular black, lace all the way up style.

They're old style tank/tanker boots. Similar ones are still made, but most new versions have moved onto using a plain canvas strap that wraps around the boot instead the leather piece.

Also, this wasn't exactly what you were looking for in this thread, but Nice Collective has some combat boots in their F/W collection that are made by one of the companies that makes boots for the U.S. military.

product3850_large.jpg