Why on earth didn't I do this in the first place! Hmmm...what to do next?

Tyler

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:

high tops with slim fit denim ... got pix?

--- Original message by witts on Nov 10, 2005 02:47 PM

I'm gonna try to post pix of this combination as well. When I rock this look, my jeans seem to look slimmer.

--- Original message by darkanimal on Nov 10, 2005 03:14 PM

dior5jb.jpgThis is the dry DH.

Hiya

Now aren't those jeans just the coolest! God damn they look great! How old is the pic? Not much stretching there in terms of the knees etc. How tall are you by the way because the length looks better on you than me.

I love these jeans! Crazy eh!?

Have just heard that next season's will be available in the same widths (17, 19 or 21) but will be shorter in length. There was a rumour that the jeans would be even skinnier but apparently they'll just be shorter in length.

Best

T

Thanks. This was taken just last Saturday. The weather was gorgeous and I didn't need to wear some huge coat. I'm actually just 5'7. I think the bunching looks great even if you're a short guy. Yeah I would love them jeans to be a tad skinnier.

They're the original length. I kept these and my orange overdyed DH unaltered. For some reason the bunching up looks minimal when I have them on. Maybe they just go under and fold nicely, they don't bother me at all. NYC will freeze soon, I doubt I can still wear my skinny jeans.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

Hiya

Now aren't those jeans just the coolest! God damn they look great! How old is the pic? Not much stretching there in terms of the knees etc. How tall are you by the way because the length looks better on you than me.

I love these jeans! Crazy eh!?

Have just heard that next season's will be available in the same widths (17, 19 or 21) but will be shorter in length. There was a rumour that the jeans would be even skinnier but apparently they'll just be shorter in length.

Best

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Nov 15, 2005 09:55 AM

Actually next season they will still be in the standard 36 inseam in the boutiques...the shortening of the length was just done for runway styling, they will not be sold like that. You can get them hemmed for that mod effect if you want, however...

Are you certain that they'll be 36 length still? I asked the Dior bods in Selfridges and they said that the jeans would be shorter but the same widths. If they're not going to be shorter I don't need to buy another raw pair this season. Do you know what differences there will be as I really like how they look this season and if there are going to be differences I'll get another pair - if not then I won't and will wait!

Thanks

T

I still can. It's not that cold yet. I'm wearing 'em tonight when I go see the Arctic Monkeys. I'm hoping the pushing and the mob activity will add some wear to them. I'll wear it until I can still stand the cold.

You are going to see the Arctic Monkeys - you see, you're just tooo cool for school and all that jazz. Arctic Monkeys are HUGE over here in London!

Also, here are some pics of Dior jeans for Spring/Summer 2006 - they look quite a bit shorter to me! (Not what I want at all!) Will this runway look transport itself to the stores? If so, I am buying some more raw ones tomorrow!

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/photos/Default.aspx?showID=2604&type=show&pageNo=3

Yes hard to believe, but I managed to score tickets to the sold out show. It's prolly gonna be 80% Brits living in NYC crowd tonight. But I'm really psyched to see them perform. I'm not too crazy about the cropped mod pants look. Although I did rock this look once with my APC jeans, cuffed out with matching Patrick Cox Wannabee loafers, just to try it out.

Hey guys, I've got some dry dior homme in size 31 in dark blue. They're a real squeeze to get into, but the guy said I should get the tighest I can because the stretch lots (I hope). My belt catch looks a bit stretched, it wont rip off will it? Also where the hell do you put your *ahem* package? I've been trying to wear mine as low as possible but they go up a bit when I walk. Seriously I think these might be damaging my balls, but they just look so good. Tom.

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

is dior denim selvedge?

--- Original message by apekilledape on Nov 16, 2005 08:55 AM

No, it's not. Apparently the first run of raw denims were selvedge though...from S/S 03, i've seen em pop up on ebay every now and then (They're the ones where the black leather dior tag does not have border stitching). Just to confirm you might want to ask the seller to take a pic of the selvedge...they usually go for pretty cheap too, since people think they're fakes as they're used to the new leather tags!

Hi

Wow! They sound tight! And if your...ahem..."packet" is bulging then woah - they are REALLY tight! The assistant was right - you should go as tight as you can as they do stretch a bit but for me the key to skinny jeans is actually the tightness of the leg - not the waist. You don't want the leg too tight or they just look silly - you need a bit of room, just enough so that they look skinny without looking as though they're about to give you a hernia!

I may have to go to the shop at lunch to get myself another pair of raw denims but am not sure - am thinking that the jeans might change for SS06 and I like the cut just the way it is now... Two pairs of raw denim? Bit silly? Also, prices might go up...Hmmm decisions decisions.

And Darkanimal - I have been dying to hear what you thought of Arctic Monkeys! Were they any good?

And finally, you're right Tom the cut n these jeans is amazing and fits like nothing else I've found and I've tried Nudies, 7's, Earnest Sewn, D&G and Diesel and none fit me like these...

T

Hey! I think they're probably gonna be ok as I can wear them low, the leg isn't skin tight. If I pull them I've probably got about 2 inches of slack all the way around the thigh area, so as long as the waist stretches just a little bit, maybe an inch they'll be perfect! Do you turn yours up or anything? My normal leg length is 32" so of course mine are too long and not giving the drainpipe look I want at the moment.

Hi - that doesn't sound too tight at all.

I'm a 32 leg as well - so the Dior's are long on me too but that's the style I'm afraid... And I have to say that I prefer them that way. I never turn them up - they look great to me rucked up below the knee along the shin (obviously if they start to ruck up above the knee you're in trouble!) This extra length that rucks up (but also shouldn't pool at the ankles) is a defining characteristic of the jeans. I think skinny jeans look better this way. I have a pair of Tsubi skinny jeans tht are just the right length and I think they look a bit naff when they're just so - they look like your cliche skinny jean which lots of women do not find attractive whereas if the jean rucks up a bit at the bottom they don't look so skinny - just fitted at the waist and thigh so avoiding that, "Euh, you're wearing skinny jeans..." comment from the ladies!

If you really want the dranpipe all the way down look I would get them taken up rather than turn them up. A good tailor or alteration place can do so and keep the original hem.

Hope that helps

J

Quote:

Hi

Wow! They sound tight! And if your...ahem..."packet" is bulging then woah - they are REALLY tight! The assistant was right - you should go as tight as you can as they do stretch a bit but for me the key to skinny jeans is actually the tightness of the leg - not the waist. You don't want the leg too tight or they just look silly - you need a bit of room, just enough so that they look skinny without looking as though they're about to give you a hernia!

I may have to go to the shop at lunch to get myself another pair of raw denims but am not sure - am thinking that the jeans might change for SS06 and I like the cut just the way it is now... Two pairs of raw denim? Bit silly? Also, prices might go up...Hmmm decisions decisions.

And Darkanimal - I have been dying to hear what you thought of Arctic Monkeys! Were they any good?

And finally, you're right Tom the cut n these jeans is amazing and fits like nothing else I've found and I've tried Nudies, 7's, Earnest Sewn, D&G and Diesel and none fit me like these...

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Nov 22, 2005 03:42 AM

Hey Tyler, yes the Monkeys were more than great. Nothing beats a live show in an intimate and raw venue. It was so fun to mosh with Brits in the crowd, they really know how to party. I've already shelved my Dior denims as the freezing weather has finally come to exist. I wear long johns right now under my stretch tapered pants. That way I still have that silhoutte look and still be comfortable and warm. I've tried thermals under my DH denims and my legs couldn't breath. So now I'll just wear my raw jeans inside the house, which sucks! How's the cold over there in London?

Hiya

It's pretty cold - we've had a weather warning that this Winter will be the coldest London has seen in years - great! Also we've had snow forecasted for the weeknd (8 inches in some places) Brrr...

I still wear the Diors though. What stretch pants are you wearing?

Also, do you know if next season's dry will be different? I am really vacillating about whether to get another pair of dry from this season as I like the cut and shape etc but don't know if this is silly as that would mean my breaking in 2 pairs!

Any words of wisdom?

Best

T

Quote:

Hiya

It's pretty cold - we've had a weather warning that this Winter will be the coldest London has seen in years - great! Also we've had snow forecasted for the weeknd (8 inches in some places) Brrr...

I still wear the Diors though. What stretch pants are you wearing?

Also, do you know if next season's dry will be different? I am really vacillating about whether to get another pair of dry from this season as I like the cut and shape etc but don't know if this is silly as that would mean my breaking in 2 pairs!

Any words of wisdom?

Best

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Nov 23, 2005 09:52 AM

Man nothing feels warmer than thermals on your legs. I hate that I might have to wait 3 months before wearing my dry DH on a regular basis. At the moment I'm just wearing some inexpensive all black pants that I bought from a punk store here in NYC (Trash and Vaudeville) were Joey Ramones got most of his pants and stuff. It looks very similar to that all black tight from Cheap Monday. It's stretchy and perfect with long johns under. I think that if you have two raw denims, you could totally make the other look different. Like maybe wash the other one, in the future of course, more often. Then you ultimately get two different shades. I feel like Dior's fit/cut changes. So if you're totally satisfied with how you look in it this season, go get 'em. Or why not get the black raw, those are good too.

Hiya

You mean they do a black raw denim jean?!?! Damn! I didn't know that! We can't get them here in London, if we did I would definitely have gone for that option. As it is i bought my final pair yesterday from Harrods. I am going to wear them in differently to the ones I have already have so I can get a different finish.

If you see any black raw in a 27 waist - will you let me know! Oh and in the 19" leg rather than the slight bootcut.

Thanks!

Hope you have a good weekend.

PS. It's REALLY cold here today and blizzards have arrived!