Why on earth didn't I do this in the first place! Hmmm...what to do next?

Tyler

Hi all

Had to post this as am a bit gobsmacked. I bought my first pair of Dior Homme Dry/Raw Jeans (Japanese Denim) yesterday and am wearing them as I type and I just can’t believe I didn’t buy these before – I love them! I bought 2 other pairs of Dior jeans recently – one black and one lightweight Japanese denim with a glimmer/glitter finish but I am wondering why I spent double the price of the dry jeans on pairs that have been “finished†by someone else?! The dry not only fit perfectly, will get better when worn in but are half the price of the others! So, why doesn’t everyone buy raw jeans?

However, I am normally a 28 waist and the raw denim pair I bought yesterday were a 27 – I was shocked by that too. They fit perfectly and I only hope that I was right to buy a perfect fit as I’m aware that there might be some shrinkage when I first wash them in goodness knows how many months. They should stretch though right? And then shrink back to what they are now or will they shrink so much I can’t get ‘em back on?

Anyway, am thinking of returning the glimmer/glitter jeans which were £290 and buying 2 more pairs of dry/raw Dior jeans as they’re £140 each. I haven’t worn the glitter/lame Dior jeans yet and they’re still under their return guarantee.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Best

T

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

one pair - black 19" opening

another pair - blue glimmer/glitter jeans 19" (I think)

3rd pair - dry/raw 17"

So all different. When you find a cut of jean that really suits you don't you buy a few pairs?

Or is that just me? I tend to wear jeans a lot as they're so versatile. So black for slightly smarter look - glimmer/glitter for party look and raw for every day wear. Makes sense no?

Yep - Dior Raw denim are £140! Not only do they fit brilliantly but I love the fact that Dior jeans don't have any patches on them, logos or ludicrous bum pocket designs. It's all very discreet.

T

Guest Berget__

Ohh your buying them in different color and cut . didnt realize that.icon_smile_shy.gif I thought that you already had a dry pair and a glimmer pair, and then you were gonna exchange the glimmer pair for 2 more dry jeans, ending up with 3 pairs of exactly the same jeans.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Hiya

I was thinking of exchanging the glitter pair for a dry pair but with a wider opening - probably the 19" so I would then have pretty much two of the same pair of jeans you're right. But I just don't know ho wto justify spending £290 on a pair of jeans when I could get the same cut for £140 albeit not "finished" in the same way. Maybe I'm being silly (typical) but wear jeans every day so sometimes it's nice to have the same cut but 2 pairs as I find it really hard to find a good pair of jeans that fit well - still ALL the girls I have spoken to say that skinny jeans on a men is a no-no - even thought when I then say but I'm wearing skinny jeans they say, "oh - oh yes so you are - but they don't look too much like skinny jeans like they used to wear in the 80's. Are you sure you're wearing skinny jeans - let me have a feel..." Girls are a strange breed sometimes. Or maybe they're just humouring me...

Anyway, if I exchanged than I'd then have £150 to save up for something else!

Didn't realise that raw denim could look as good as it does (even if I say so myself)

Just hope they don't shrink - anyone know whether they'll stretch and then shrink back to how they are now or should I have gotten a size up - tried the size up and it didn't fit anywhere near as nice so wnet for the right one off the bat.

Rambling now...

Hello Tyler.I've been wearing my Dry Diors for 2 months now. I also have an orange overdye with the same size. The dry denims stretch just the same as the pre washed denim. But damn, I would have wanted a 27 waist too. I have both in 28 waist 17cm opening. The fit of DH is amazing, unlike any other jean I own. I've stopped counting how many girls said I looked good in it. It's nice to keep different shades of denim, as your top or overall outfit varies in color and shade. And you will find out how certain denim washes just works well with whatever jacket color, kicks, or scarves. Here's an idea, if you're a waist 28, you can sell those glitter jeans to me. Ha! Enjoy

Hi Colin - Nope - no piccies although I can post one if you want. Haven't done that before so can take one with my mobile and post it. Wearin' em or them on their own?!

Hi Darkanimal - you're right, they are unlike any other fit I've had before as well. I love them. If you want the glitter jeans I may well be up for selling them (just don't know what to do as yet) but I would want full retail (£290) as I have the receipt and have another 15 days or so to take them back to get a full refund - as long as I don't wear them that is!

Best

T

Yeah use that 15 days to really think about it. I personally think that glitter jeans is amazing. It would be easier for you to return them to the store, shipping to the US will be a bit of a task. I'm sure NYC stores have 'em. I can't stop wearing my dry DH's. I wear them 6x a week. I'll post a photo when it's 6 months old.

Hi Darkanimal

You're right - I should think about it but they're SO expensive and I am not that flush with cash at the moment (stop buying jeans then I hear you cry!) But for some reason I REALLY like the DH jeans and they way they fit and the glitter jeans just seemed to stand out.

Oh it's a tough life isn't it?! God, I must have it way too easy if decisions like this are vexing me...

T

Ha! Yes - keep them all! Perhaps i should quash the doubts and just be greedy.

Glad to know I'm not alone in stocking up though when I find something that fits brilliantly. I wouldn't ever buy 2 jackets that are exactly same but with jeans - yes for certain.

Do any of you have more than one of excatly the same thing? And why did you buy duplicates, triplicates or more?!

T

I totally agree Tyler. To this day, I still regret returning a DH grey cords. When I had cash again, my size was sold out. But nothing to cry about. Don't worry, there will always be good buying decisions. and some bad ones. At the end of the day it's just clothes. I've actually stopped my sneaker obsession. And I'm very happy to be saving a lot. Denims, that's another story.

Tyler, when I bought my Dior raws back in June the assistant told me they would shrink 15 per cent, which seeing as they fit perfect would make them too small. The only answer is to get them dry cleaned.

Thing that bugs me is the length. I'm a 32x32 and these have got a 36" leg! I hate getting jeans turned up cause they never look right after so I just wear them all rucked up, which is the way you're supposed to wear them, so I'm told. They keep creeping under my high tops though.

Guest Fade to Black

The S/S 05 japanese made Dior raw denims were my first pair of unwashed jeans ever...they're a staple in my wardrobe, I'm wearin em right now actually. I've had 'em since end of February and after these 8 months of wear and 3 washes, I've noticed they don't fade/distress like, say, APCs or Sugar Canes based on the pics people have posted on this board. I mean you will get some wear/lightening of color on certain spots, esp around the ankle, but no heavy whiskering or anything like that. Oh well, fine with me as it's a very clean, slim jean that's very versatile.

here's a pic of me wearing them...color looks slightly off due to camera issues. I'm actually wearing the same outfit today, except with black boots and added a black overcoat on top.

matthewformal_edited.jpg

Quote:

high tops with slim fit denim ... got pix?

--- Original message by witts on Nov 10, 2005 02:47 PM

I'm gonna try to post pix of this combination as well. When I rock this look, my jeans seem to look slimmer.

15%!!! Oh shit - if that's the case I am in serious trouble. Dry cleaning raw denim makes them look rubbish doesn't it? Oh god! The size 28, although it's what I take in the pre-washed Dior was just too big in the raw and if they stretch half as much as people say they would have looked ridiculous after only a few weeks of wear.

So, does dry cleaning raw denim after months of wear look poor? Please someone tell me! 15% shrinkage will make them way way too small for me.

Also, in my experience with these slim jeans if you want that rucked up round the ankles look, which I have to say I love, you have to get the tapered jeans i.e. 17" for it to work. If you get the slight bootcut (which I have in the black) it just doesn't work as they just bag around the ankles rather than all the way up the shin - hope I'm making sense. If you get a bootcut they just just ruck up around the bottom of the jean and look silly whereas if you get the tapered jean they ruck up much higher on the shin and look great! I am a 32 leg too Mr G but would never get the Dior jeans taken up. I made that mistake with the slightly bootcut black pair I got and I wish I hadn't.

So, that's my advice - if you want the skinny but rucked up at the bottom look - always go for the long jean that tapers at the bottom as this holds the rucks up in place else the shin part of the jean goes flat and you get lots of bunching at the ankle - looks silly.

Anyone know about the dry cleaning question above?

Thanks

T

I always get my raw denim dry cleaned. I've got a pair of Mahas with the embroidery up the back of the calf which must have been dry cleaned about half a dozen times and they still look superb. I think they wear in better, personally. It's the only way to stop them fading out.

That said, I only ever dry clean every six months or so. I stick with the adage that jeans should be worn as often as possible and cleaned as little as possible.

I've yet to get the Diors cleaned.

How d'you post pictures on this site? I'm new here so sorry if I'm being a bit dim. Tried to click that little picture button and then paste a pic in and nothing pasted, then I tried to type the image number and still nothing! I'm using a Mac, does that matter?

Quote:

Me again - also wanted to ask Darkanimal - how many times a week do you wear your raw Dior jeans? You said you've been going a month and a half. Do you wear 'em every day?

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Nov 11, 2005 03:42 AM

I wear them 6x a week for over 2months now. I wear them day and night. The noticeable stretching will happen within 3weeks to a month from the time you bought them. After that time period, it's minimal stretch for me to even notice or feel. You would welcome that stretch thing, as they will make the rise lower. I dry cleaned them once. I don't plan to wash them until I see very high contrast fades. Someone pointed out that this is longer to achieve, I totally agree. However when you do get those little fades in the right places, they are so sweet. I once wore the dry in the rain and it kinda fucked up the fading in the knee area. The indigo just spreads and makes a flat blue matte look. The salesperson at the Dior boutique also told me he washed his dry denims and it turned out really fucked up. So stick with dry cleaning.

About the bunching up part, I do love this one. When I hang out, I see all these dudes wearing skinny jeans. And I have to say the bunch up thing makes you stand out. Personally, I think this bunch up thing is very stylish. Hope this helps!

Quote: I'm 99% positive Dior jeans are sanforized, which means they'll experience about 2-3% shrinkage max.

I doubt Dior jeans are non-sanforized. That just wouldn't make any sense.

I did think it a little extreme when the assistant said 15% but there was no way I was going to find out the hard way!