North Face, Mountain Hard Wear jackets on eBay - fake?

Ziddy

if you guys think they dont fake north face jackets you've got another thing coming. i know a dude who came back from shanghai 4 years ago with some fake north faces that looked pretty dang good from afar but lacked many details and also definitely had different fabric used (although it was close). so they definitely have the possibility of being fakes. be warned.

3sixteen fabrications // new york city.

http://www.3sixteen.com

Edited by ajchen on Nov 9, 2005 at 08:02 PM

Quote:

I am surpriused people fake TNF, it is not a fashion brand, it is a functional brand, why would anyone want a fake TNF when they good get a good MEC one.

--- Original message by SENDkylHISPASSWORD on Nov 9, 2005 08:43 PM

I believe TNF has become a fashion brand. When I last visited NYC, a lot of people are wearing them. If you really want something not mainstream and technical, I highly recommend Arc'teryx. Those are the best looking outdoor equipment in the planet!

Quote:

^ Sadly Arcteryx has been blowing too. Lots of the guys i know tell me herbs are rocking Arcteryx these days.

But hey if it keeps me warm,who cares who wears it?

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Nov 9, 2005 09:09 PM

Oh no! Oh well, you can't keep a good company a secret. If they churn out good stuff, a lot of people will start noticing.

My sister was in China two years ago, and tons of fake North Face jackets could be had for around $15. I'm pretty sure I've spotted them on Canal in NYC before. In DC, I know there's a vendor at Eastern Market that sells fake North Face jackets on the weekends, and probably tons more elsewhere in the city considering how popular the brand is with the urban crowd here.

To the original poster, just use proper judgement. Avoid Asia-based sellers and sellers who have large batches available. If it's too good to be true then it probably is.

there is definitely fake north face shit out there,

more fakes from '99 and on probably,

i doubt there are any fake early 90 jackets like steep techs or mountain jackets tho

'cause almost all the ones on ebay are almost new, or used.

same with polo,

finding some early polo shit can be sketchy.

expecially any sweaters or sweatshirts with the bear on it.

all them 'lo heads scour the bay all the time anyway,

youd have better answers from checkin out www.vintagegearaddicts.com,

but be warned, the guys on that site are a lot less forgiving for stupid questions

grimey retarded

Edited by Stuffed Tongues on Nov 10, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Edited by Stuffed Tongues on Nov 10, 2005 at 10:37 AM