General TV show discussion

mrip

lol kind of funny seeing wales getting in on the act, but bbc have a couple of new ones too, from darkness (starring 'britain's best actress' anne-marie duff) and river with skellan skarsgaard.

i watched the first ep of the former and it was alright but i've heard good stuff about river, but not caught up yet.

Watching River now,too early to say if it is good but will check out "from darkness", thanks for the rec. They should do a gloomy cop superstars tv show with people from the missing, broadchurch etc.

last two episodes of You're the worst have been clever but in this second season the characters have been veering into caricatures. Here's hoping the recent upswing culminates in a big payoff.

Master of None this weekend filled the S1 You're the Worst void and then some more. Netflix has been on a roll this year. HBO in contrast has only aired one great show (Show me a Hero) and might lose their throne to the upstart.

Also Fargo and Jane the Virgin are still must see tv. So much good stuff to watch.

leftovers is the best thing on tv tbh, and i say that as an embittered LOST viewer and a hater of mr. lindelof

+

agree re: fargo, jane, ytw etc. the americans should also on the horizon in jan.

the good wife is still solid, same with the affair. read that crazy ex-girlfriend is good. izombie still dope. etc etc too much stuff etc etc

oh yeah again, revenants' second series is airing in the uk at the moment with good subs, on ep4 so far, it's good mayne.

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

anyone know what's happening with the cosmopolitans @ amazon?

pilot was out a year ago but still no season, it got picked up afaik. another series with its pilot from same time period has already had its first season out (red oaks)

it's good mayne, whit stillman sitcom set it paris so you can probably imagine how it goes. people tend to love or hate his shit so ymmv.

+

master of none is dope. what's that batch?

Edited by Magsåvningsreserven

I just discovered 'Review' and watched the entire thing in a couple days. So, so good. 

Nathan For You has been pretty great this season, and it's a very similar show. latest episode especially was pretty hilarious

started The Man in High Castle yesterday, only like 2 episodes in but for an Amazon series it looks pretty great. could possibly be a scenario where the book is better, but i never read it so what do i know. anyway, a period drama set after WWII where the Allies lost, and the U.S. is mostly controlled by Nazis and the Japanese, with Hitler about to die i'm guessing

this might be one of South Park's best seasons ever imo. they're still fairly topical episode to episode, but there are season long story arcs in play, with a variety of different characters involved. DAMNIT LESLIE SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH

Fargo probably the best thing on TV right now, no arguments there

not really feeling The Knick season 2 for whatever reason. could never really hang with the super gory surgury stuff anyway, but it seems the more the focus vears away from Thackery, the less interested i get. don't really care about the million other side characters that much at all

Should I watch? I be in asia so I can just eat snails and not do tv series but the setup seems good and I love BBC series.

yes.  3 eps in.  a small glimpse into london's gay underground.

2 ghey dudes vs. several intelligence agencies.  ambiance, dialogue and soundtrack excellent.

OR start "last panthers" series.

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Somehow, even though it's done by Syfy and the trailer looked so so, the first episode of the Expanse is like, really fucking good

k7qjcMM.jpg

I'm so happy

Edit: To clarify, The Expanse is the name of the series the book Leviathan Wakes is the first part of. 
If you like space/sci-fi/crime novels you will like this

Edited by kindofyoung

Leftovers isn't bad but it's not that good either.  It doesn't even make sense... where the fuck is the show going?

Pretending it's better than Fargo is a joke.

second season is practically a new show, it's the best thing on. no pretending matey.

what doesn't make sense? we only know as much as the characters, the whole point is watching the people deal with what's happening, that's why it's good.