loose frank nudies vs reg ralf??

juice

I have a pair of nudie regular ralf dry's that I got in paris and I absolutely love them.. only worn them for about 2 weeks now so they're not even close to being broken in..

A couple of weeks ago I also found a pair of loose frank's being sold on ebay out of germany which I picked up and they finaly arrived yesterday.. comparing the 2 styles I noticed a huge difference in the material and seams on the franks vs the ralfs..

the denim on the ralfs is much thicker/heavier than the franks and a lot stiffer.. will the lighter weight denim on the franks wear in as nicely ralfs? I really like the fit on the franks but the ralfs are a superb pair of jeans

den1.jpg

den2.jpg

den3.jpg

den4.jpg

Edited by juice on Nov 4, 2005 at 11:05 AM

Typically i think the franks won't break in as well as the RR, given the same amount of wear and tear. I think the RR are a 14oz denim, while the Franks are 11.5oz denim. I have seen the lighter weight denim on the Franks fade pretty well. (There are some pictures of broken-in bootcut olas, which have the same denim, on mynudies.com) The only problem with those Franks is that they are loose and loose jeans tend to not break in as well as tight jeans. The jeans look great dry though, so maybe just use them as a dry jean, instead of trying to get drastic fades. That's what i do with my bootcut olas.