Arctic Monkeys

Tisswat

Arctic Monkeys are touring through Europe now. They will be coming to the US and Canada in two weeks.. I strongly suggest you go check em out. I saw them last night and shit was on.

Check http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/gigs.htm for dates and tickets.

These fellas are already in my 'top of 2005' list.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

I know I'm jealous. For some strange reason, I just woke up one day and Arctic Monkeys tickets have been sold out. To think that I've been checking the show guides in NY on a daily basis. Btw how's the following of Test Icicles or The Kbc over there in Europe? I do hope they tour America.

Test Icicles are playing at the London Calling festival at Paradiso this weekend. They are getting a lot of attention here too. But the Monkeys are really all over the place, as they should be. I've never seen any group perform that well on stage.

i-D Magazine has a bit about the Monkeys this month. They did a page on Test Icicles last month. Props to them.

What about The KBC? Worth checking out?

Just found out Test Icicles is having 2 shows here in NYC, I'm thrilled. I love watching shows when these artists are not huge yet, it's more intimate. I've been following the Monkeys ever since. The Kbc is unsigned, but I've heard of rumours DFA records liking them.

Totally agree with you.. their gig last tuesday was upstairs at Paradiso. 200 people max.. and people in smaller venues seem so much more into the band they've come to watch.

I'll be sure to check out The KBC (if I can find them).

Arctic Monkeys video -> http://www.alive.co.uk/gigscene/gn11.htm